close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Two Questions

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by H0LLYW00D, Feb 19, 2010.

1. 1. I have a M&P15 adn want another AR adn was thinking of building a RRA with a 10.5 barrel, but also i am considering getting an other M&P and switching the barrel for a 10.5 and my current one for a 16 from RRA, is there a better way to do this?

2. What does everyone think about the RRA barrels and will they fit a M&P?

2. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    The best way to accomplish this is to simply buy a 10.5" complete upper. Unless you're building the lower to a different specification, why waste the $$$ on an identical configuration? Plus the FFL hassle...

Huh? It has to fit.

3. I have thought of switching the uppers but would rather have a complete gun. How hard is a barrel swap? What would I beable to get for a stock M&P barrel if I sell the old ones?

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
  5. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    And lets not forget the Class III tax stamp for the SBR!:whistling:

6. no such stamp in Canada.....but we have other issues

7. this should clear things up:

I have a M&P15 and want another AR. So i will have two complete AR's, but S&W does not make a 10.5 barrel so i have to swap one in and was thinking of a RRA barrel. As a seperate note the AR that I have I was thinking of upgrading it to a RRA barrel, so my questions are:

1. Will a RRA barrel fit on a M&P?

2. What is the quality of the RRA barrel like?

3. What could i sell the old stock barrels for?

8. 1) Yes

2) Good to great, it depends on what barrel you are referring to. RRA offers a wide range of barrels including non-chrome lined, chrome lined and also stainless.

3) Who knows these days...

9. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    My bad. I didn’t even notice that you’re in Canada.:embarassed:

I just read an Article in the recent American Riflemen’s Magazine that said the Government is considering loosening the Restrictions on Rifles in Canada. Is that true? It would be nice if it was.

10. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    As far as I know all AR15, barrels are interchangeable from maker to maker. That is one of the great things about the Platform of the AR15 rifle.

The last time I talk to RRA on the phone they told me they get their barrels from Wilson. They are a good manufacture of barrels.

The best way to find out what gun related parts sell for in my opinion is to do a search on Gun Broker and average out the prices. :dunno:

11. Yes they are considering to remove the registy for our long guns, the rules would proably not change much but we would not have to register them with the government. This is a great step to restoring our rights.

12. What about problems with it not cycling as the gas system was shortened with the barrel?

13. javelinadave

javelinadave Hebrew Hammer

Aug 14, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Go to http://www.ar15.com/. Tons of info there on SBR operations, builds, etc.

14. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I wish you the best of luck with restoring your rights. It is definitely a step in the right direction.:wavey: