Two Portland Men Open Carry Rifles To Educate About Gun Rights

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by HKLovingIT, Jan 11, 2013.

1. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

#1 HKLovingIT, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hello from Portland Introduction Forum Wednesday at 12:12 AM
    Mother of 26-year-old who fired at Portland police speaks out. Cop Talk Mar 5, 2015
    Hodgdon BL-C(2) reloading powder Portland, Oregon FTF (223/5.56/308/7.62) Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 10, 2014
    Evangelical group targets kids in secular Portland Religious Issues Jul 22, 2014
    Ahh, Portlandia! Cop Talk May 17, 2014

3. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Has to be a better way of doing that. A lemonade stand comes to mind.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.

4. If what they are doing is legal, I don't see the problem. I wouldn't have gone about it that way but at least they are trying to help out.

5. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Doesn't help our cause at all, and probably does more harm than good. There are better ways to fight this.

6. Just what gun owners need now, idiots scaring the anti-guncrowd and giving us more bad press. What A-holes.
    RJ

7. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

The real problem is they scare the folks that have no fixed opinion on the subject of guns. And they run the risk of alienating those that are on the fence on the issue.

All the anti's have to do is point to folks like these and say, "there, that's what the folks that own the "black rifles" are like, nutjobs that think carrying an assault weapon downtown is a great idea."

8. You said it better than I.
    RJ

9. R*E

R*E

These two moron did nothing to help our cause, it's a great ammo for the antigun crowd.

10. Like 99.99% of all open carry in populated, public areas. :upeyes:

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

It has about the same positive impact as educating people about political correctness by standing on the corner yelling racial insults at passers by - that's legal too.:upeyes:

12. I do not think that they were "trying to help out", I think that they are morons trying to call attention to themselves and they hoped that this would get theim air time on TV, locally and across the country.

The A-holes.

RJ

13. I agree

RJ

14. If it is legal, I don't see the harm. I remember people doing carrying evil black rifles at rallies where Obama was speaking. That didn't seem to be any more of a problem. I see a couple of young men exercising their first amendment rights and their second amendment rights at the same time. I guess we have a different view of things and the Bill of Rights.

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

They weren't where Obama was speaking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

16. IIRC, I read here in MD that you can carry a long gun. The wording of the law allows it.

17. Egotistical dumbasses.

18. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

Narcissistic navel gazers always have a different view of things, because for them they are the only thing that matters. Common sense and self restraint never enter into their thinking. all they think about is what they want.

They take liberty for license, adopting a thought process that is, "As long as it is legal I'll do it", then wail when society gets fed up with their antics and makes it illegal.

And even then they will never acknowledge that their activities were counter productive. And never served any purpose other than their own gratification.

The Legalist asks- "Can I?"
    The Libertine asks, "Will I?"
    The Prudent man asks - "Should I?"

19. You nailed it. Right on the money and it needed to be said.

Thanks
    RJ

20. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Hopefully these guys won't be as effective as the Open Carry folks in California were.

Randy

21. Twice well spoken. Nailed it.