close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Two Part Question: Magazine Extensions & Trigger Job

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by FLglockdude, Dec 24, 2010.

1. I bought some Arredondo +6 extended base plates for my S&W M&P9 giving me 22+1 capacity (can't fit the 23rd one in there). The "tactical" part of me says that the more ammo the better, but I don't want it to paint me as some trigger happy gun nut if I every have to use my weapons system in a home defense scenario. Would you say this is a good idea or bad?

Now for the second part of my question. I know the trigger job for self defense topic has been beaten into the ground, but my question is slightly different. As I'm sure you know on the S&W M&P, the out of the box trigger leaves something to be desired. I would like to install an Apex Tactical duty/carry trigger kit, it keeps the pull weight right at 5-5.5lbs, and smooths out the pull, while making the reset more defined. Would this still pose a problem in court, or am I good to go?

Thanks in advance Mas, it is wonderful for us average Joes to be able to pique the brain of such a wealth of knowledge. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. :cool:

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I've never seen a courtroom problem with a trigger being too SMOOTH, only too LIGHT. From everything I've seen, if you're within factory spec, you're good to go.

If you have extended capacity magazines for home defense, you MIGHT get a lawyer raving about you wanting to commit mass murder, but the rationale of the high-cap mag does not seem difficult to explain to a lay jury. If you had them in a ten-round-max state, such as New Jersey, it would be a different story. With any new magazine, make sure you've tested thoroughly for reliability and longevity.

Best,
    Mas