Twentieth Glock

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Quietus, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Quietus

Quietus Underwear Model

I'm Rock AKA Quietus. I'm a former police officer, SWAT team member, soldier, and sailor. I bought the twentieth Glock that I have either owned or been issued today. Its a Glock 19, Gen 3. My last Glock was a G23 Gen 4 that I had picked up online and traded before I even left the FFL. I hated the feel of the Gen 4. Its just too abrasive, like skateboard tape. I've owned a lot of other guns, including other polymer pistols, but keep going back to the Glock. It doesn't have the ergonomics or trigger that some others do, but out of the box, I think it is the most reliable semi-auto pistol out there and accurate to boot.

Now I'm going to have to figure out what I am going to do with this S&W Sigma 9VE Armed Forces Model. Its a great gun in its own right, but, well, its still not a Glock...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Welcome to GT!

3. Welcome aboard!

4. Well I'm only 17 Glocks behind, never been a public servant but I have been arrested. Welcome.

5. Welcome! Best Glock model IMO, hell ya.

As far as what to do with the sigma... I would throw it in a fire and laugh as it burned. No offense or anything :supergrin:

6. Quietus

Quietus Underwear Model

I've owned a half dozen S&W Sigma's in .40 or 9mm and they were all as dependable and accurate as any of my Glocks. Now I had a infamous Sigma SW380 which if it had one in the pipe and a full mag would stovepipe the first round every single freaking time. Not what you want in a back up gun. POS.

I bought a Gen 1 Model 19 in 1987 or '88. I think emotionally, no matter what their other good qualities, if its not a Glock, its just a poor copy.

7. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!