close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

'Tweener gun...........

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by cowboywannabe, Nov 9, 2011.

1. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    in the efforts of self gradification i made up the name 'Tweener gun to show off my latest accquisition(sp?)...a Rossi 720 .44 special

[​IMG]

why do i call it a 'Tweener gun....well, its much larger than the Seecamp which has no conventional rival for size save for the baby Browning .25acp....

[​IMG]

but it does fall into the 'Tweener section for revolvers. while its larger than the J frame S&W 640-1 .357 magnum, it is smaller than the L frame 4" 681 .357 magnum and closer to the 2" K frame S&W 64 .38 special. but make note, while the frame size is K frame'ish, the trigger guard is J frame'ish....

[​IMG]

this is my veiled attempt to impress my revolver hero Berto.:bowdown:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    hello? is this thing on?

i just flew in from chicago, and boy are my arms tired.

tough crowd.

3. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
    Nice gun for you if you like it. Ive never been a fan of the Taurus/Rossis, but that is just personal preference.

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    well a S&W 296 Ti. would be nice but i dont have an extra $750+ laying around so i got the next best thing. im not big on names, just performance.

5. Glockworks

Glockworks Ready/Aim/Fire

Thank you for showing us something besides S&W. I do have a Model 60 .357 4 inch, but it seldom is carried, and I usually carry either my G26 or my Taurus 650 CIA (greatest CCW gun I have as far as ease of carry). I also have a Ruger LCR .38 spcl but while it is light and great, I have no problem with the weight of the others. Also I see some look down on Taurus, but for my uses, it works just like my Glocks, so far anyway, 5 years.

6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I think that will be my next pistola.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

7. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    ironicly, now i do have an extra $750.00 laying around but no 296 Ti's to be found.

8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    thats great, now if i didnt have to register on that site and if he took C.C. id be in business.

im registered on G.B., thats where i looked with no luck.

thanks just the same.