close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

turttle problems...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by varmitmedicine, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ok so heres the deal, I have three fishing ponds but there overrun with turttles and beavers. any helpfull suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What i normally do is go and spend all day with my 22lr pickin em off 1 by 1...:50cal:

2. Bitmap

Bitmap Millennium Member

Mar 15, 1999
    That sounds like the best and most fun method to me.

If you have any kids of appropriate age you could pay them $0.10 for each turtle they kill.

You could invite any friends that are shooters over and have a turtle elimination party. Just charge them one food item at the door and they bring the guns and ammo.

3. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
  4. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    That's what we normally do. Break out the .223cal for more fun.:thumbsup:

5. I used a .30-06 on frogs once.

kinda fun, but not much left of them.

Just be careful about shooting at the water.

6. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    I just knew I liked vafish for some reason. :thumbsup:

7. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    ROADTRIP! :supergrin:

8. turtles:

how about just relocating them and trap them? better than just blasting a turtle for being a turtle. Not every wild life creature needs to be killed because "your" inconvenience.

beavser can be trapped also and hunted as an game animal. Do OK have seasons for beavers? or trapping licenses ? or is it considered an nuisance animal ?

9. method

method

Mar 27, 2002
    Cleveland, OH
    If you're gonna kill the turtles, do it in a way that doesn't ruin the meat. Turtle's good eating.

10. branden

branden AMERICA **** YA

Jan 1, 2003
    Arkansas
    make sure when you and your buddies are shooting them up, no one stands on the other side of the pond that your shooting at :) that would suck ****

11. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    "There's one out in the middle! Everyone surround the pond, and we'll all shoot on the count of three!" :rofl: :animlol:

The revenge of the turtles!:supergrin:

12. well in oklahoma there are laws about shooting turttles, but if you own and stock your ponds then you have the right to "remove" them. There are also trapping permits for turttles and beavers, also certain seoasons too. but i say we just have a big cook out:grill: