close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

TulAmmo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Revvv, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Revvv

Revvv

Jan 28, 2010
    Just for the sake of buying ammo from WalMart I snatched up the last box of .40 s&w. As a general rule 40 isn't hard to come by. My local gun store has a nice supply and selection to choose from. I guess I made my Walmart purchase just to say I did it.

I've never shot TulAmmo before. It is definitely an ugly looking cartridge. At $12 a box I'm not losing much if it's not any good.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. I've had no issues in 9mm or 40S&W, and 380acp through my Glocks and Rugers.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. I think TulAmmo is good for practice! I have shot hundreds of rounds in 9mm, 40 cal, 45 ACP and 5.56mm!
    The price is right and many times it's the only ammo I can find for practice.

4. You get what you pay for. Plus you're supporting the Ruskies. Money poorly spent in my book.

5. i'd be happy to find a few boxes on the shelf. good for zombie paper:cool:

6. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    It runs in my P220 for about 300rds before the chamber gets crudded up to start causing some stovepipes. Running a bore brush soaked with Shooters Choice or Hoppes and following up with a Boresnake will get you back up and running in a few mins. Its also loaded up pretty wimpy, so make your gun is lubed up good and you hold onto it tight to get the best reliability.

It is dirty stuff and will require a thorough cleaning after you're done shooting, but right now its worth it to able to shoot a little. I am hanging onto my stash of brass, any shooting I have done lately in .45 has been some Tula that I bought a while back for a cheap price.

Its decent plinking ammo for about $0.15/rd cheaper than brass I have found lately, that adds up pretty quick. I don't worry about a few jams here and there, its good malfunction clearance practice and I don't hold it against the gun. I know its worked for close to 1k rounds straight without cleaning with brass ammo, so I'd say its proven itself reliable.

When you get done shooting if you field strip and run a brush soaked in solvent down the bore while its still hot it will loosen some of the crud up during the ride home and make it easier to clean. Same for the breach face, I have noticed it gets crudded up something fierce with this stuff as well.

7. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    I've fired about 2,700 rounds of Tula .40 S&W in a Glock G-22RTF. In every respect function, on target results, etc. were identical to any other domestic .40 S&W FMJ load. These result were without exception the norm. In particular it is worth noting that POI was exactly POA at standard pistol ranges from 5-25 yds. and that at no time was there ever a failure of function either in feeding, firing or ejection. It did not matter what was the lot number of the ammo used, the time of day, phase of the moon, etc.

One very happy consequence of using the Tula ammo whether 9mm, .40 S&W or .45 ACP is that when firing at a public range there is no need for me to try to recover my brass. If I am firing brass cased ammunition, it will usually be at a outdoor range where brass recovery is easily accomplished.

8. Jeremy_K

Jeremy_K

Apr 6, 2009
    NY
    My S&W BG380 had to second strike the TulAmmo once or twice out of every mag but it would go off the second time. My Stag AR will fire the .223 all day without a hiccup. It actually shoots as clean as many other rounds through the AR.

9. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont

That sounds like some very dirty ammo.