close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tsunami of DU Trolls, guess Romney Won the debate

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Cavalry Doc, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    The smell of desperation is suddenly thick in GTPI, and it smells like liberal pansies (the flower).

So since the last debate thread was closed down, might as well start another here.

I liked the closing statement. Romney did a good job of showing that the president thinks Romney's ideas would be disastrous. But that's theoretical, as we know Barry's ideas have proven to be disastrous.

2. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yea, the liberal troll attack hit us pretty hard last night.
    I think the worst is over, for now.

Romney won the debate by a very slim margin.

What torques my cojones the most is what Obama kept saying about how the military hasn't ask for anymore money, so don't give them any.

That puts the responsibility on the military and makes their Commander in Chief look like a by-stander, who's not going to help the military unless they ask (beg) for it.

Obama MUST go!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  3. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

My thoughts, exactly!

You can judge how well conservative interests are faring, by the reaction of the liberal left........:supergrin:

ooc

4. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    I agree that Romney's closing statement was better -- more forceful and "presidential." Obama's closing was dull and plodding.

One of Romney's better deflections (which he used twice IIRC) was to tell Obama (paraphrasing), "Attacking me is not presenting an agenda." Both times, it seemed to stop Obama in his tracks.

I think Romney clearly succeeded in his two key goals going into the debate: to appear presidential and capable of being C-in-C, and to do no harm to the momentum he'd built previously.

ETA: It's interesting that Charles Krauthammer opined last night that he thought Romney handed Obama his azz on a platter. Krauthammer had given Obama a slight edge "on points" in the second debate.

5. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    What really important last night was to win undecided votes, mostly women.

Women likes positive assurance, non-confrontational, non-condescending approach, cordial, respect.

I think the aggressiveness shown by BHO was desperate attempt to even the polls, yet it was about 3 wks too late because people who like aggressiveness has already made their decisions at least 2 wks ago. BHO did not performed to tap the undecided last night, so he missed the goal. BHO did what he does best: blaming, condescending, talking in very vague terms (like optimal).

Mitt, on the other hand shows strong mannerism consistent with a President. He communicated well with excellent eye contacts. Women don't necessarily know foreign policy, they'd just watch how the guys behave. That was the whole trick!

6. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Interesting observation......it does seem to make sense.

I haven't heard or thought that women might comprise the bulk of the undecided vote, but now that you mention it.....I'll bet you are absolutely right. If so, your summary of Romney's impression, as women might see it, sounds solid.

ooc

7. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    If you'd pay attention to BHO's facial expression, you'd see his facial muscles tightened up with disdain. It's hard to hide what you feel in your heart, particularly for 1.5 hrs. BHO and Biden are really from the same mold in this sense.

Women pick up non-verbal communication VERY well (believe me, I know). Give them a week to process this, and we shall see the true debate result.

8. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I think Dick Morris called it right.

Obama won the foreign policy debate, which very few people really care about. Unfortunately, for him, Romney turned it into another debate on the economy, which almost everybody cares about, and slam dunked that one.

9. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri
    They only have fifteen days of employment left and no ninety nine weeks of unemployment. They have to be as disruptive as possible.

10. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Unfortunately, Obama gets over $191K/year lifetime pension for running the country into the ground.

11. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

There was a debate last night?? I watched the Giants game.

12. TheJ

TheJ NRA Life Member Lifetime Member

Jan 24, 2011
    GA
    In this debate I think if you're a Obama fan, you probably saw it as getting some red meat you craved in the first debate and saw the President as really calling out Romney on his alleged big flaws. If you're Romney fan you saw Obama being snide/arrogant and attempting to beat up the straw-man created by the Obama campaign.
    To me it seems apparent that the two were trying to accomplish very different things and so they had very different strategies. I think both pretty much stuck right to those strategies. Romney needed to come off to those in the middle/independents as not a novice nor the war-monger as alleged by the Obama campaign ads. He's wasn't trying to convince his base which is already energized or those who are already Obama faithful which weren't going to be swayed. Obama on the other hand needed to shift/stop momentum which has clearly been moving the other way in polls by showing he was assertive and that Romney is somebody to fear.
    I think Romney was more effective at achieving his goal than Obama at his. However, the question of just how effective the two very different strategies were, remains to be seen.

IMHO the two were playing chess while most people thought they were watching checkers.

13. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Good analysis, TheJ! :thumbsup:

14. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    So Romney wants to give foreign aid to Muslim countries to help them develop, but if we give aid to our own country, those people are moochers. Maybe someday I'll figure him out.

15. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    So -- you didn't watch the debate, I take it...

16. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    When the "trolls" don't show up at all for two days after the first debate, it's because Romney won. When they show up in a tsunami after the third debate, it's because Romney won.

Face it. You're only seeing what you want to see. Anything that anybody does or says (or doesn't do or say) will be interepreted by you as "Romney won".

17. As are you too. Everyone is viewing, filtering and judging this debate based on their political views. Everyone is seeing what they want to see weather they know it or not, weather they will admit it or not. Its why you appear to see the results of the debate one way, and Calvery Doc see's it another.

These debates are nothing but entertainment, nothing more than political theater. Most people, even though more than a few will refuse to admit it, have their minds made up and are just looking for justification/confirmation in these debates for their choice of political candidate/party.
    :dunno:

18. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Well, I didn't watch the debate, so I don't have an opinion on who won, but I concur with the rest of what you said.

While I find televised political theater unwatchable, I'm endlessly amused by the mental gymnastics partisans constantly have to perform to explain how everything that happens, even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff, magically supports the opinion they already hold.

19. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Believe it or not, there are people out there who are not blindly partisan in their analysis. They may vote their party every time, but they're capable of rational thought.