TSD Combat Systems G17 Red Dot system review

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by dwalker84, Feb 12, 2012.

1. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

If TSD intended to put GL-404 (.394" height) on mine, somebody screwed up. My rear measures .305" above the slide and that includes the space that the over hang is raised above the slide. Even my caliper skills aren't that bad.

Regardless, for my purposes they work fine. My primary use is for finding the dot. Good thing, I guess, because Ameriglo also shows GL-404 as discontinued.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 bentbiker, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. That's because the way that Ameriglo measures their sights is sort of "wacked".

The rear sight is measured from the bottom of the dovetail to the top of the sight.

The Glock front sight is the measured blade height above the slide.

3. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Thanks, Mark. That's the answer. I now remember that I figured this out in the past since Glock describes their standard sights as being 6.5mm for the smaller calibers. It's easy to understand why they measure that way on the standard sights since their shape doesn't lend itself to measuring the height above the slide -- there is no portion of the sight that rests on the top surface of the slide.

4. Just sent my G26 slide to Mark to have it RMR'd. Can't wait to get that puppy back.

5. I have one of my M&P9s at http://www.ateiguns.com/ right now getting milled for a RMR. Doug does awesome work, he did Chris Costa's and Steve Fisher's.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l93CpnWwSdU"]Custom MP9c CCW Pistol w/ Trijicon RMR - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLgxKc8FFSU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLD06D031F50483CD1"]Modified 9mm Glock 19 w/ Trijicon RMR, Surefire - YouTube[/ame]

#25 jeremy stanke, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  6. Congratulations! I just have to say that today, I have one as well!

#26 ArcAngel, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  7. s0nspark

s0nspark Talk is cheap!

With slide milling do they provide a slide plate for when the RMR is removed?

I am looking to have several slides milled but can likely only afford one RMR to start...

;-)

8. Matt VDW

Millennium Member

Who makes the barrel? And is the chamber loose enough to use most reloaded ammunition?

9. Congrats!
    Yessr,
    'game changer' is an appropriate term.

dan

10. BartJV

New guy to this forum.
    how do I get to TSDs web site?
    every time I try I end up at Suarez site are they one an the same or what?
    Please give me some help.

11. s0nspark

s0nspark Talk is cheap!

Yes, one and the same.

12. BartJV

thank you....