close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

TSA agrees to allow unionization of agents

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Aug 2, 2012.

1. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
  2. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Does this mean TSA will be run into the ground, fail, and be bailed out by the government?

3. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    Well, it has unlimited funding so being a TSA agent will soon be the best job in America, and it'll just continue to suck up more and more resources.

4. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Haven't you heard? When it comes to keeping us safe from terrorists, minor details like "resources" and "liberty" aren't important.

Because terrorists are scary.

5. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    But unions are scarier.

6. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009

Why yes! Yes it does.

I can’t wait till they go on strike and do to this country what the Islamic terrorists want to do.

7. I dare them to go on strike. It will be a good excuse to get rid of the lot, just like PATCO and Reagan.

8. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009

Not with the little Nazi calling the shots.

9. Just when you thought TSA couldn't get worse...I wonder if they will be limited to how many "junk sacks" they have to grab or little kids they have to terrorize per shift? Maybe the unions will get them hazard duty pay for checking out granny's walker or grandpa's wheelchair?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    There are a few airports with private security rather than TSA. San Jose Intl. is one of them. To be honest they really aren't that great. I don't know that it was a cost cutting move. It may have been a payback for campaign cash. It was hinted at by the local fishwrap.

I could see airports wanting to cut cust going private. They have to get the government's permission which would likely only happen when Republicans controlled the House and Senate. Maybe. If the check was made out to the right people for the right amount I suspect the Dems would do it.

11. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    Federal unions can't go on strike.........Federal unions only purpose is to protect the lazy and criminal element staff, and take their union dues each month to donate to the Democrat party.

Federal unions serve no valid purpose.

12. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    Gubmint workers strike all the time. What's changed since PATCO?

13. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    Federal unions, i.e., AFGE, etc. can't strike. They can, and have, illegally organized "the blue flu" days, and can picket during their off-duty time, but the can't go on strike or simply walk off the job.

http://ohmygov.com/blogs/general_news/archive/2009/02/02/a-look-at-federal-employee-unions.aspx

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  14. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
  15. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    It can only get better now.

[/sarcasm]