Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Trying to figure out what's wrong with my 870.

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Hoominaga, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Hoominaga

Mar 26, 2005
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I've wanted an 870 for a while, and finally pulled the trigger on a Synthetic Express Super Mag at an auction.

Once I got it home I broke it down and cleaned it (which it really needed) and put it back together. I couldn't get it to pump after the basic cleaning, broke it down again and cleaned the trigger assembly and I can tell what the problem is, but not how to fix it. The release button for the pump gets stuck in after doing a dry fire and you can't rack it. So, does anyone have any thoughts on what to try next? Clean and oil it again? I'm at my wits end, especially since I don't have the internal knowledge on these.

I suppose it's time to learn. Any thoughts on the situation would be greatly appreciated.
  2. aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Call me and have the weapon in front of you. I will talk you through it. Call 231-690-0954

3. JGguns

May 6, 2009
    greenville, sc
    Your the man J.D.
  4. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    JD is the man. But check the nut holding the forend onto the action bars. If it's not tight enough it won't lock into battery.
  5. Hoominaga

Mar 26, 2005
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I just now saw this, is there a time that would be best for you? You are my savior, this thing has been driving me crazy and it's sitting in the corner right now so I don't go crazy messing with it not knowing what needs to be done.