Trying to decide on new sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Glocktalk1723, Mar 19, 2013.

1. I've had my G17 for a while now and just ended up picing up a g23 the other day. I love both of them! I was thinking about getting some new night sights for them. I've done research online, but I'd like to get some info from people with personal experience with multiple sights. Can I get some suggestions on what I should get and why I should get them over something else. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you,
    GT1723

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Trying to Decide - Lipsey's Vickers G19 or Gen 4 G19? General Glocking Feb 13, 2015
    Trying to decide on a pump gun.... Tactical Shotguns Apr 16, 2014
    trying to decide what to buy General Glocking Apr 4, 2014
    Trying to decide on rear sights Sights, Optics and Lasers Jan 21, 2014
    Trying to decide on night sights for a g20 Sights, Optics and Lasers Dec 28, 2013

3. Why not try, er, Glock night sights? They are very reasonably priced and perform as well as any other brand...plus, they're Glock.

Over that past 15 years I've used Meprolight, Trijicon, and Glock night sights on my Glocks. There are claims that Glock sights are made by Meprolight, but if so there are no exact equivalents in the Meprolight catalog. Other than the fact that the two sets of Meprolight sights that I've purchased seem to be less bright after ten years than my Trijicon sights, and one set of Meprolight sights lost all illumination on one lamp after only seven years, I've seen little other distinction in brands.

4. Thanks for the quick response Mike! I will definitely be looking into those! I was thinking either meprolight or trijicon, but Its always good to look at some substitutes! I appreciate the help.

#3 Glocktalk1723, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  5. I'd skip the night sights. Look at Warren Tactical or Warren Sevigny. They give you a level of precision not possible with factory sights.

6. Thank you HK DAN! After looking into those I may put those Warrens on my full sized G17 and put some night sights on my carry gun.

#5 Glocktalk1723, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  7. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

8. GRT45 Thank you for your input! I will absolutely be taking a look at your post! Thanks again!

9. RPVG

First, figger out what it is about your current sights that makes you want to replace them. (Y'know, "If it ain't broke...") Can't get a good sight picture? Can't get a sight picture fast enough? Can't see what you're aiming at in darkness? Current sights don't "look" cool enough?

Then, after you've figgered out what your current sights are lacking, you'll be able to zero in on something that has what you're looking for.

10. You're right RPVG. I thought about it and I can get a sight picture pretty quick, but the sights just kind of blend together. That really seems to be my only issue with them. I might try two different colored sights as GRT45 recommended in his post. I think that this may help out a bit.