close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Trump Warns ‘Massive Inflation’ Coming, Prepare

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Could be but Trump is an attention begging jester IMO. I would take it more seriously if someone with a more solid background was predicting this....

2. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    yea he is, but there are plenty with much more solid background that are

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    There are always educated knowledge folks predicting doom and gloom....see Y2K :tongueout:

I mean the article linked in the OP had some joker predicting 50% unemployment, 50% really? And this year no less. Things had better turn bad and quick for that to happen this year. Not what we are seeing here, at all.

Trump's own call out is that unemployment stands at 20% right now, again where is he getting that information? I can tell you in south Texas it is not, not even close.

Three years ago we had experts predicting $8 gas, now it is $6 predictions. Same old same old....

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    There's big money to be made and books to be sold by predicting an economic collapse,
    high inflation and high unemployment.

The gloom and doomers have been predicting the worst for America since the end of WWII.

Every pessimistic prediction always includes the battle cry that "this time it's different",
    and is always supported with facts and figures that never seem to come true.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  5. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Google real unemployment numbers.

6. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    I think the unemployment # he calls out includes unemployed-those who arent even looking-under employed etc. You cant judge the entire countries rate by south texas. Also do you realize there are parts of the country over $5 gas and it's not even summer yet?

7. Fracball

Fracball Authorized User

Nov 25, 2006
    The State Below OKLA
    No disrespect to Trump, but predicting inflation does not require a special skill. For example, Glenn Beck predicted inflation too.

8. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    I think one thing we can say for sure, when the government owes more money than the entire country and everything in it is worth put together, every business, every piece of land, every job, everything- when that entity (the gov't) tells you something, it might not be in line with reality. They're living in a dreamworld altogether. In fact, whatever they say, that's about the only thing you can be sure isn't true, as far as i'm concerned.

There were educated people who predicted the crash of 2008 where something like a third of the wealth of the people of this country was vaporized, and which sent the government into an even greater tailspin of trying to spend out of it, setting up an even more disastrous reckoning than the one that is already inevitable. People laughed at those guys too.

9. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    Read this link

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/oil-conundrum-explained

not much to predict, it's already happening. I mean it's pretty obvious- if you print trillions of dollars, you're gonna have to pay for it sooner or later

"So, supply is high across the board, inventories are stocked, and demand is weak. By all common market logic, gasoline prices should be plummeting, and far more Americans should be smiling at the pump. Of course, this is not the case. Prices continue to rise despite deflationary elements, meaning, there must be some other factors at work here causing inflation in prices...... This schizophrenic disconnection between the stock market, and oil, and true supply and demand, is, though, a symptom of one very disturbing illness lurking in the backwaters of the U.S. fiscal bloodstream; dollar devaluation."

10. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Gas is $3.79, down from $3.89 a week ago here, I do not think we will see anything close to $5 a gallon here anytime soon.

Where http://gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

California is self induced on their gas price, don't blame Washington for that mess.

I can tell you there is not 20% unemployment in southeast Texas, not sure how things are elsewhere. 50% unemployment predictions this year anywhere is just plain stupid though. I for one am not buying into the doom and gloom predictions, they are nothing new.

No that it matters, don't forget we are all gonna die on Dec 21st 2012 anyways........ :)

11. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    No offense but it is hard to put stock into a story that is surround by links suggesting how I should invest in this or in that, including oil.....seems like a bit of salesmanship to me. :dunno:

Not to mention the comments below the story link pretty much tear holes into it anyways.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  12. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    It is about 20% nationally when you consider that the BLS unemployment number purposely excludes a lot of people, those that aren't looking for work, are underemployed (PT), are working under the table, etc.

http://www.shadowstats.com

South Texas has the benefit of the oil industry to help keep maximum employment. That doesn't apply to the entire country.

13. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas

Underemployment is so subjective as to be unmeasurable IMO. Who determines (and using what criteria) when someone is underemployed? Trying to come up with a measurable percentage on that is not possible and pointless IMO.

Why would we be concerned in a economic sense when someone is not looking for work? How does that accurately reflect the economy? If they are not looking then how do we know they are unable to find a job?

Working under the table, well then they are working which would mean since it is not reported it would lower the overall number of the unemployed if it was reported.

Not seeing 20% in any of these :dunno:

Texas may be in better shape (it is God's favorite state after all :tongueout:) and like I said I can only speak about what I see daily.

14. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    You're right, some of it is subjective. It's not subjective to say that the official "8.3%" figure trotted by the gov't is utter bull**** though. You really only have to look at welfare numbers like the food stamp roles to get an idea of what real unemployment (in it's various forms) is. What's the number on stamps now? 45 million?? Check out that shadowstats site. It explains it all very well, with true data.

Btw, the massive inflation is already underway. It just hasn't been unleashed into the consumer markets, other than gas, yet.

15. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    How do you know that they are not looking for work? The government drops these people after unemployment compensation runs out. That does not mean that they are not looking for work.

16. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Damn you, I was going to ask if he was talking about the economy or his hair...

Randy