close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truglo Tritium Fiber Optic sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by toshbar, Jul 1, 2011.

1. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    I just ordered some. Tell me how much I'll love them. :wavey:

[​IMG]

2. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    I don't love mine, I'm trying to sell them in fact. A lot of people love them though.

CM

3. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    Are they in the Classifieds here? I checked there but none were found.

What are your complaints?

4. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    I have some installed on my bedside G21, and I really like them a lot.

Be sure to keep them away from any solvents.

I got the 3 green set.

5. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    No, I don't bother with the new system here much. Just don't care for it.

As for the sights, I had two pair on different Glocks and recently lost the front TFO from the front sight on one. Happened during a long session with the pistol being shot early and transitioned to shotgun. Got home to clean and the sight insert was missing. Before that happened I was happy with them. I also prefer a black rear and FO front and was thinking of making the switch soon anyway.

The set I have now has shown no sign of loosening or anything but I'm not willing to take the chance because it is my bedside gun.

CM

CM

6. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    when the tube fell out, did the tritium part stay in the sight so it was still luminous and useable?

7. carguy2244

carguy2244

Jan 13, 2009
    I prefer TFOs to anything else on a defense weapon.

8. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    I did not even check to be honest, I needed the gun to shoot the next morning so I ran by a local shop and had my gunsmith put on some factory Glock sights that I had lying around.

CM

9. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    Also, the front sight blade is huge for any kind of competition shooting. I don't know what purpose the pistol is that you are putting them on, but I would not recommend them over others for any sort of competition shooting. For CC and plinking though they are fine if they stay in.

CM

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    My aging eyes like them alot. I find them easier to pick up in daylight.

11. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    Not to seem like I'm harping about them because I was a big fan before the trouble I had with them but have you used any other FO's in the sunlight to compare them against?

CM

12. ksfiremarshal

ksfiremarshal

Oct 27, 2006
    Kansas
    I have the red front/green rear Fiber Optics on three of my IDPA SSP Gen 2 Glocks. Outstanding sights I installed my self with MGW tools. So far, very good sights, quick and positive sight acquisition. I believe you will like them.

I stayed away from the night sights TFO TruGlo. Unless you REALLY need night sights and train with them in lo-light; no-light conditions, extra expense for no gain. But you will like the TFO anyway I am sure.

I certainly would install with a sight pusher made for your pistol. Would not take the chance with a punch, metal or nylon.....the screw pushers can get better placement for centering.

Have a happy and safe Independence Day!!!

13. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    My buddy actually has some and we installed them fine with a punch. He did have to get the hex driver for the front and is letting me use that for mine when they get here.

I found them for $75 brand new. Regular night sights can't be had for much better than that.

14. Brad737

Brad737

May 30, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    I love mine. I have guns with Meprolights, Ameriglo, and Trijicons. The Truglo TFO are my favorites.

15. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Great sights, worst costumer service to deal with!

16. sr975j

sr975j

May 2, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    i love the sights so far. i have the green sights on my 23. they are very easy to pick up in the daylight and even easier at night. i am thinking about getting a set on my 27 but may try out XS big dots since it is my main carry gun.

Sam

17. I HATED mine put on mepros and im much happier. That 1.5 inch long front is ridiculous... called the co and they ssaid you could glue it down to stabilize it to the slide... I said how about you glue some crap down on YOUR slide.. no thanks!

18. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    So are those night sites or FO's Im confused?

19. YES... TritiumFiberOptic... both. Though you can buy TruGlo's Tritium Only or Fiber Optic Only.