close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Truglo TFO's....green/green or yellow/green?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by TH3180, Mar 27, 2011.

1. TH3180

TH3180

Jul 22, 2010
    I want to replace the sights on my G17. I think I have decided on Truglo TFO's. I can get them locally and they will install them while I wait at no charge. I have done a ton of research and I have held them in my hand. I still can’t decide if I want all green or green in the front and yellow in the rear. I use this gun for USPSA, steel shoots and fun at the range. My shooting is spilt 50-50 outside and at an indoor range that has bad lighting at best. What do all of you think I should do? I will be working within a few miles of where I am going to buy them Tuesday and Wednesday. I want to get them one of those days. I have an indoor USPSA match a week from Thursday and I would like to shoot with them at least one time before my match. Any help you guys can give me would be great. I have trouble spending $100 on sights but hay there good for +10 years.

2. Skipper Bob

Skipper Bob

Jan 18, 2011
    Renton, Wa.
    I have the green -green on my g-17 4th gen 1,200 rds. with them and would highly recommed them. Great for my older bifocal aided eyes.

3. TH3180

TH3180

Jul 22, 2010
    I ended up getting the yellow/green today. One thing I am wondering. I had the gun shop install them for me. What is the allen screw in the rear sight for. I saw an allen wrench in the package. I didn't even notice the screw in the rear sight until I got home.

4. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    setscrew is to lock the sight in place.

pics for those deciding green/green of green/yellow
    there are on the XD45C that I had.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. one73maro

one73maro

Feb 23, 2010
    DFW, Texas
    I have the green/green TFO's on my G27 and they are great. I do believe they have a set that are red/green. I bet the red would stand out pretty good on the front. Nice pics by the way!

6. gator378

gator378 Gator378

Jan 22, 2001
    St. Peters, Mo, USA
    My eyes are sensitive to green and I can pick out green immediately. Red and yellow do not show up that good for me.

7. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Q: Do products come with a warranty?
    A: Yes. We guarantee all of our products to be free from defect for ninety days from purchase.

http://www.truglo.com/faq.aspx

I couldn't find it in writing, but the tritium lamps used in TFO's (imported and distributed by Trijicon) are supposedly guaranteed to glow usefully for ten years. The sights themselves have only a 90-Day Warranty... :whistling:

Conventional wisdom puts the brighter appearing green sight to the front. But in sights where only the front is fiber optic and the rear sight is matte-black, red appears as the brightest point… :wow:

--Ray

8. wppreach

wppreach

May 25, 2011
    Wills Point, TX
    Great info and great pics. I am in the market for the TruGlo TFO sights for my Glock 23. This is the exact question I had. Thanks to all who commented.

Russell