close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TruGlo TFO sights

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by JBowl1, Jan 17, 2013.

1. JBowl1

JBowl1
    Expand Collapse

Anyone have TruGlo TFO sights on their Glocks? I think they look interesting (combining the best of both worlds with fiber optic and tritium). I was wondering 1) If they actually are good sights, 2) Are they too big that they interfere with traditional holsters or IWB holsters (they look big)? Thanks.

--JWB

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. GunHo198

GunHo198
    Expand Collapse

Got them on my G27, and G30. Love them as the fiber optics work great in the daylight. And they are just as bright at night. Yes, the front site post is a bit long. But it's made of metal so it's not going to break. It did rub a little on my cheap fobus holster. But I took a grinder to the holster and smoothed it out.

3. dling

dling
    Expand Collapse

I have them on two of mine, I like them a lot.

#3 dling, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  4. Adamz04

Adamz04
    Expand Collapse

I have been considering these sights as well. Hopefully many will chime in with high praise.

5. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail
    Expand Collapse

I put a set on my M&P 45 full size. They are super in all light and are no problem with my Blackhawk Serpa. I may put a set on my P226.

6. Taphius

Taphius
    Expand Collapse

I've had them on my g23 for about a year and a half, I like them very much.

7. OJ.

OJ.
    Expand Collapse
    N.E. Ohio Glock

I have them on a Sig and like them, lots of stories about the fiber rod falling out, but not in my experience.

8. adam1866

adam1866
    Expand Collapse

I have them on my glock 23 and 20. Really like them much better than the factory glock night sights.

9. G17nSTORM

G17nSTORM
    Expand Collapse

I have them on both my 17 and 26, love em, pick up a set and don't look back. CRAZY bright in daylight tritium lights up low light.

10. Minnow

Minnow
    Expand Collapse

My opinion: Crappy product, crappy company, and only a 90 day warranty to boot.

11. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26
    Expand Collapse

I will not advise anyone to use the search function. I had to sit in the corner for such remarks in the past, and perhaps rightly so, as newbies should be assisted in the most constructive way.

But, I will say that lots of experienced owners have put up at least 20pages of useful info on this subject in the past, and most of them will not repost all of their insights again. Which means that all previous useful info will not reappear not this thread, yet remains readily available elesewhere on this forum.

#11 SouthpawG26, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  12. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail
    Expand Collapse

Can you be specific?

13. Keoking

Keoking
    Expand Collapse

I have them on 5 or 6 Glocks and wouldn't trade them for anything, but their quality and consistency leaves a lot to be desired. Some are nearly impossible to fit in the dovetail, while others could nearly slide right through. Some have an excellent finish, and others peel and scuff with no use at all. All this aside, they are the best combination day and night sights on the market. If all of mine broke next week, I would buy more sets of TFOs across the board.

14. Minnow

Minnow
    Expand Collapse

They farm out their machining to garden variety shops and are not willing to pay for worthy tolerances. This results in fiber optic light pipes that fall out sometimes, sights that fit into dovetails poorly, and they back them with an all powerful 90 day warranty. Your tritium kicks the bucket or a light pipe snaps or falls out and your SOL. Oh ya, you can mail them in and they'll repair them, for a price.
    In my opinion they are oversize and look hideous as well.

15. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic
    Expand Collapse

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1449040&highlight=TruGlo+TFO

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453559&highlight=TruGlo+TFO

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1449040&highlight=TruGlo+TFO

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1427644&highlight=TruGlo+TFO

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410155&highlight=TruGlo+TFO

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415305&highlight=TruGlo+TFO

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1353276&highlight=TruGlo+TFO

...and literally over a hundred more threads that address this. Not to discourage you from posting, but I advise trying a search first...

16. RCP

RCP
    Expand Collapse

I have em on my 26 and am happy with them. No issues thus far and they've been on there for 6 months.

17. aubie515

aubie515
    Expand Collapse

I don't like Glocks, but I just installed TFO's on my XD45 the other night. I was always skeptical about TFO's, but everyone on XDtalk like them, so I bought a set to try.

During the day the FO is very bright...and the tritium is very bright at night, so thus far I like them...but time will tell.

18. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

I find them very good for aging eyes. I have them on a USP that I carry during the week and on a G26 that I often carry weekends and sporadically as an ankle backup. Each of those sets is approaching two years without issues.

19. onearmsteve

onearmsteve
    Expand Collapse

wont own anything but TFO

20. carguy2244

carguy2244
    Expand Collapse

I've had them on my Glocks for several years, and wouldn't carry with anything else.

I got my son a Glock 19 with TFOs for his 21st birthday, when he got his carry permit. That should tell you everything you need to know.