close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Truglo TFO Issue/problem/Question

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by DLL9mm, Jun 5, 2010.

1. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Feb 8, 2009
    MICHIGAN
    I recently bought a used G23 with some TFO sights on them. I noticed on the front sight, that the little fiber-optic/tritium tube is alittle loose. I can move it alittle with my finger. The front sight housing is on tight, but the tube is loose. Is this normal for these sights? Thanks!

2. JesseCJC

JesseCJC

May 28, 2008
    depends on how old they are. Use superglue or call Truglo to swap them out.

3. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Feb 8, 2009
    MICHIGAN
    I emailed Truglo. Where/how would you put the superglue? Would you remove the fiberoptic tube first?

4. glockfan2327

glockfan2327

Apr 26, 2010
    yes I had this problem with TFO before in my glocks 23 and 27 , you need a short screw and use glue after this, I never had no more problems .

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  5. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Feb 8, 2009
    MICHIGAN
    Question....Where and what do you glue. Does the vial have to be removed? Hopefully truglo emails me back today with good news.

6. Concealed30

Concealed30

May 13, 2009
    Tampa,Florida
    I would send them back, they have a 12 year warranty, tell them you want them replaced, thats why they have a warranty. You can tell how well a sight is made by how long they warrenty them. Thats just my opionion, I would not glue anything, but to each his own...Its a decsion you will have to make for yourself..........G30

7. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Feb 8, 2009
    MICHIGAN
    I emailed them and they told me that the tube is supposed to be loose. Hmmmm.

8. Concealed30

Concealed30

May 13, 2009
    Tampa,Florida
    had mine for over 3 years on my major-sub .45 ACP and was putting plus p rounds downrange every time I shot it and mine were never loose at all..:director: thats what Id be doing..LOL