close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

TRUGLO TFO front sight only?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Thunderbolt56, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the TFO front sight only? I've looked at Glockparts, Glockworld, MidwayUSA and Opticsplanet, but it seems they're only sold as a set.

If I have to buy the set, that's fine, but I just want to try using the front only first.

2. AZBru88

AZBru88

May 21, 2010
    Arizona
    Thunderbolt56 you might check out AmerGlo if I remember right they have front night sights available.

3. I know. I've already got this one and like it, but figured I'd like to see a direct side by side comparison.

[​IMG]

4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I looked into this back in 2006, for my then new 3rd Gen G17...

What inspired me was the SIG Sauer Equinox, which has the sweet set-up of a TFO front sight, with a matte-black, markerless rear sight, which has the usual two tritium lamps. The result is a great daytime sight picture, with that front FO really popping in that black rear sight notch, and the familiar three glowing markers for nighttime use. Very cool! :cool:

What I found is that you can special-order a replacement TruGlo TFO front sight through Brownells or Cabela's, but it will cost you more than the best price you can find on the net for the complete TFO set. :upeyes:

Also, at that time, TFOs were fraught with problems--more so than any other sight brand discussed here--and I decided it probably wasn't worth the possible aggravation... :sigh:

I ended up going with Dawson Precision target sights from Custom Glock Racing, and I like them a lot! :thumbsup:

http://www.custom-glock.com/index2.html

Definitely do look into AmeriGlo! Their Operator sights, as well as Thunderbolt56's suggestion, are a excellent alternatives! ;)

http://www.ameriglo.net/sights

--Ray

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  5. AZBru88

AZBru88

May 21, 2010
    Arizona
    Thunderbolt56 I'm still waiting to order a set of those sights for my new Glock. I called and they told me a couple weeks, they hand do each one of those. Sorry for my confusion thought you just wanted a single front night sight...Bru