close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

TRP Range Report

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by txgolfer45, Jan 24, 2010.

1. txgolfer45

txgolfer45

Mar 4, 2002
    TX
    Prior to going to the range, I field stripped it, clean and lubed with FP10. Went to the TexasGunTalk monthly range day to meet up with fellow DFW shooters.

I used the SA mags that came with it and some Tripp Research Cobramags. It ran flawlessly. No hiccups at all. And it is quite accurate. Ragged holes offhand at 7 yds with Remington UMC ball ammo. Didn't try longer distances on this trip. Will try 15 and 25 yds another time. It is definitely a keeper.

I thought the Front strap checkering might be a little tough on the hands. That was not the case. Gives you a good grip without causing any blisters.

As others have attested, Springfield Armory has a winner with the TRP!

2. Starbelly

Starbelly

Feb 10, 2009
    Florida
    Yep, they are sweet shooters and you get used to the checkering.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  4. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

Jun 14, 2005
    Ohio for now
    Sounds like your experience mirrored mine when I got my TRP I was so impressed I thought could a Pro really be that much better? It was, but that's another story.

5. Patrick R

Patrick R

Sep 20, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    I like my new SS TRP as well.

Checkering is just right.

6. Glockernaut

Glockernaut

Feb 2, 2009
    Georgia
    Shot my new TRP yesterday and it is the most accurate gun that I have shot.. I bought it from a fellow GT member about a week ago with the black AK finish. I am an intermediate shooter and shot 1.5" groups at 10 yards. I could never do this with my glocks. I am officially hooked on 1911's. I have shot some other brands including a nighthawk, and would prefer a slightly lighter trigger on the TRP, but I can live with it. May get some work done later.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  7. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
  8. dp509

dp509

Jul 20, 2007
    Still Looking to buy one....................:crying:

I have missed out on two by only a few minutes :steamed:

:needspics: