close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trouble indicates better things to come.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Vic Hays, Nov 24, 2012.

1. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

According to the Bible...............................

Your interpretation of the Bible is what we are talking about. Your cult is an end times cult so everything is about the end, and the new beginning.

God is not going to step in and stop us from our destruction. It is up to us. God is not on the side of Israel or Islam. As long as there is an apocalyptic religious mentality, there will be trouble, and God will continue to NOT step in. Killing in the name of religion will not hasten God's hand to action. We will live with the results of our God delusion as long as we continue to make God on one side or another. God is not tribal. Man is tribal.

Trouble is not a sign of good things to come. Trouble is a sign of a warped mentality. Humanity can fix anything if they have a mind to. God is not going to step in.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

God already has stepped in and will continue.

Malachi 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

3. Japle

Japle
    Expand Collapse
    John, Viera, Fl

“From a presumed derivative of”?
    “By implication”?

That’s what you’re using as evidence? Even the author is waffling on whether that’s the true meaning.

I do understand what you’ve posted. It’s highly ambiguous at best. By using, “presumed” and “by implication” the author admits he’s uncertain of the meaning.

I think we all understand what you’ve posted. It’s a weakly presented opinion. It doesn’t help your case.

#103 Japle, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  4. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

You have seen God step into human affairs?

The only way things are changed is if we humans take action. It is often people of faith, but without the human action, no action is taken by God. God does not just step in and make things happen. The hand of God will not end the world and bring another world to pass. The best that can be done is by you and I. We bear the whole responsibility.

5. Brasso

Brasso
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Just go away. The Greek lists a couple of meanings for the word. And the Aramaic says it out right. And you still claim my "opinion" is weak.

You're just a whiny brat.

6. Japle

Japle
    Expand Collapse
    John, Viera, Fl

Someday I will go away. But the doubts about your silly translation will live on.
    Forever! :tongueout:
    So what? That doesn’t mean you can just pick one and tell the world it’s correct.
    Your opinion is just that. It’s an opinion that’s supported by another opinion.
    That’s hardly compelling.
    Says the guy whose best argument is, “Just go away”. :rofl:

#106 Japle, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  7. Vic Hays

Vic Hays
    Expand Collapse

I have seen God take action in my affairs without my intervention. I noticed you conveniently left out the Bible quotes of what God says He will do. The strongest most intelligent men are like nothing in the overall scheme of things. Without God we are just dust in the wind.

8. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Nothing wrong with faith in God and giving God thanks for your good life and events. We are talking about end time philosophy of when it gets bad, God is going to put a fix to it.

Not going to happen. Man makes it good and makes it bad. Did you happen to see the special on the Dust Bowl?

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/dustbowl/

Awesome story on man destroying and man fixing.

It is a warped mentality to think that God has a plan of letting the world slip into chaos so He can step and and make a fix.

9. Brasso

Brasso
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

It's not an opinion you drooling chinned baby. It's a fact. The Aramaic says tribe/nation. Deal with it.

The only opinion here is you.

#109 Brasso, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  10. Japle

Japle
    Expand Collapse
    John, Viera, Fl

It’s always easy to tell when someone on one side of an issue has no good argument. He repeatedly insults his opponent.