close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Trouble accessing ar15armory.com

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Gmountain, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Gmountain

Gmountain

May 8, 2004
    Florida
    Weird huh? I can't access it from home. I get it at work okay. Any ideas why that may be? I use the same computer at home and at work.

2. The-Fly

The-Fly The Bofh

Apr 27, 2005
    Colorado
    routing problem between your home isp and the website in question.

3. Gmountain

Gmountain

May 8, 2004
    Florida
    Thanks. Is it something I can fix somehow, or does Earthlink need to loose the troops from the Punjab?

4. It might not be a routing problem, but if it is this will help diagnose it. I think it might be a DNS (domain name server) issue.

Try the following, and copy and paste the output to a new message.

1) Start | Run | type in "cmd" | Enter (if a black window doesnt come up try "command" instead)
    2) type in "tracert www.ar15armory.com"

This traces the route your computer takes hop by hop through the internet to get to the destination from your computer.

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    ;h

To Tech Talk (best place for this kind of stuff).

6. Gmountain

Gmountain

May 8, 2004
    Florida
    Interesting. I saw where it got hung up, 9 hops down the road. What can I do about it, or is that a problem somewhere else that someone else has to fix?

7. I would contact your ISP and send them those trace results and explain you can never access it at home and its fine at work. Its not something you can fix if its a routing problem in between you and the host.