close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Trojan Horse Delegates: A Message from Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Cavalry Doc, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Ron calls for delegates to behave and follow the rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cOHlN5JWsw8

Love the point at about 2:10 in the video, when he claims that all of the efforts of out Viet Nam Veterans was irrelevant, and applauds the North Vietnamese. :upeyes:

Never asked people to vote or him. That might constitute soliciting a crime. Never said he wasn't going to endorse Romney at the convention either.

Sit, heal, bad dog, be good.[​IMG]

The entertainment value is high.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    I don't think Ron Paul supporters can do that.

3. G-19

G-19

Jul 1, 2004
    I think he sees a couple of things:

1. If the Paul supporters should try and vote for Ron regardless of who was their states primary winner, it will destroy their party. People will not take kindly to such things.

2. As I have been saying all along, the actions of the RP crowd have hurt his chances of ever winning. He also understands that if they continue to act in such manner the LP will become a thing of the past.

4. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    :popcorn:

Some Paul supporters will try to subvert the system because they suffer from the same delusions of grandeur as our Narcissist in Chief; they think the unwashed masses will appreciate their forced guidance, once it all gets passed.

5. nmstew

nmstew

Jan 6, 2007
    Wasn't he an Army Dr. during the Vietnam War? Kind of like listening to a black person make jokes about other people.:dunno: I don't think he applauded the NVA. It was odd to see that comparison though, and I could see how some vets would cringe at the use of the word "irrelevant".

6. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Big Thicket, Texas
    He was a gynecologist, USAF I believe, never saw combat and only served state-side.

7. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    He sure seemed to identify with the North Vietnamese officer.

He was Air Force. Lied about being drafted too.

Don't take my word for it.....

http://stevebussey.com/wp/2011/12/did-ron-paul-lie-about-being-drafted/

8. He was quoting the dialogue between a U.S. colonel and an NVA colonel, illustrating the point that losing a battle, or practically every battle, doesn't necessarily mean you lose the war. It's a pretty well-known anecdote and obviously not meant to disparage the service of Vietnam vets.

9. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

That and what g-19 said. It doesn't make any sense to alienate voters in our syste, especially when you are a long shot, out of it party.

I still keep coming back to those yahoos as being either delusional or bent on wrecking the party. There is nothing rational about their actions....................

....................but it is amusing

10. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'm not a fan of Romney, so if he has difficulty at the convention, no sweat off of my ______.

I can't wait to see if the delegates will risk financial ruin and jail, or hold their nose and vote for Mittens anyway, according to their pledges before being selected as a delegate.

11. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

I'm with you, I just DON'T want to see anything help keep Obarfma in office.

12. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Hi-jinx from the cult disciples could help or hurt Obama. We'll have to wait and see.

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    You know better than that Doc. You're being intellectually dishonest and it isn't like you.

14. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    He gave an example, and for some odd reason, he came down on the side of the NV. As an example to follow.

Why he ended up there, I don't now. Maybe it was unintentional. But it is odd as heck to me.

15. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    http://www.clausewitz.com/readings/SummersObitText.htm

:whistling::whistling:

16. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    Being a Paul supporter, I am not under the impression the "unwashed masses" would appreciate more freedom and responsibility, and less government. I just don't care about what people want when they work for more gov and less freedom.

17. Syclone538

Syclone538

Jan 8, 2006
    You haven't been to GTRI, have you?

18. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    How could it? Romney will still be Anyone But Obama no matter how much he gets embarrassed at the convention.

19. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Then educate them. Don't pull an Obama and try to make everyone "eat their broccoli".

You NEED to care what they think because we live in a democratic republic. They get to "help" select our leaders.

Let me ask this... What do you suppose would happen in November if this coup is successful? Do you honestly expect any result other than a landslide for Obama? Or do you have more covert delegates on the electoral college level?

What is the difference between your proposal and tyranny?