close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tritium night sights on G17

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by H3br3wHamm3r, Sep 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. H3br3wHamm3r

H3br3wHamm3r
    Expand Collapse

I emailed my authorized Glock dealer that I wanted to pick up a gen 4 G17 with Glock Tritium front and rear night sights.

In response, he stated, "Glock only offers night sights on their factory guns to law enforcement. We would need to order aftermarket sights to be installed on the gun."

Is he correct?

2. emore

emore
    Expand Collapse

It sure has a fishy smell. It's not like night sights are some major tacticool tool that only LEOs should have. Could be something new. Could be he's blowing smoke in order to make a few extra bucks. I only buy from the LE case and about half of mine came with night sights so I can't refute categorically what he's saying. Maybe someone that works at a shop will come along to sort this out.

3. IT0

IT0
    Expand Collapse

4. tooomey

tooomey
    Expand Collapse

New Glocks are not coming with night sights anymore. The sights are still available but they won't come installed on any stock non LEO guns.

5. H3br3wHamm3r

H3br3wHamm3r
    Expand Collapse

tooomey,

Thanks. I'm wondering why he said I needed to get aftermarket since it seems he could have just ordered and installed the Glock sights, even if the G17 doesn't come with them.

#5 H3br3wHamm3r, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011