close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tritium night sights on G17

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by H3br3wHamm3r, Sep 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. H3br3wHamm3r

H3br3wHamm3r

Sep 27, 2011
    Texas
    I emailed my authorized Glock dealer that I wanted to pick up a gen 4 G17 with Glock Tritium front and rear night sights.

In response, he stated, "Glock only offers night sights on their factory guns to law enforcement. We would need to order aftermarket sights to be installed on the gun."

Is he correct?

2. emore

emore

Dec 29, 2010
    upstate SC
    It sure has a fishy smell. It's not like night sights are some major tacticool tool that only LEOs should have. Could be something new. Could be he's blowing smoke in order to make a few extra bucks. I only buy from the LE case and about half of mine came with night sights so I can't refute categorically what he's saying. Maybe someone that works at a shop will come along to sort this out.

3. IT0

IT0

Jun 28, 2011
    Texas
  4. tooomey

tooomey

Jul 25, 2011
    New Glocks are not coming with night sights anymore. The sights are still available but they won't come installed on any stock non LEO guns.

5. H3br3wHamm3r

H3br3wHamm3r

Sep 27, 2011
    Texas
    tooomey,

Thanks. I'm wondering why he said I needed to get aftermarket since it seems he could have just ordered and installed the Glock sights, even if the G17 doesn't come with them.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011