close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Trijicon RMR

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by biscotrip, Feb 11, 2012.

1. biscotrip

biscotrip

Mar 7, 2011
    I just purchased a Trijicon Dual Illuminated RMR for 350$. Does anyone have one, and what do you think of it?

2. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    I had the 9MOA model and it worked fine on a shotgun. On a pistol, I didn't care for it because the window was so small, it was hard to center the dot with the optic so far from your eye. On a rifle it worked well except for the dot was so big, it didn't make it worthwhile because 100 yard targets were smaller than the dot. And looking from a dark interior to a bright exterior made the dot useless because it was just powered by tritium.

It looks good on high comb rifles like the SIG556 and STG556...
    [​IMG]
    But looks odd on low ones like the AR-15.
    [​IMG]

3. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    Hey I have always wanted one of these! And actually, someday if (hopefully *when*) a WC suit settles for me I'm gonna have a few personally pimped out and maximum - tacticool'd fireamrs to buy, one of which will be a Special Purpose Rifle (SPR) / Mk 12 style AR... kind of a designated marksman AR. And I am thinking I'm gonna do a Trijicon AccuPoint scope, maybe the 2.5-10x56mm and I also thought since I should have the money to burn, I'd do a dual illuminated RMR on rilfescope-tube-mount for up close/snap shooting/emergency / CQB.

that $350 sound slike a great price, they are all like #$550-$650 on Trijicon's website.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Yeah, assuming you actually GET one...

5. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    Anything made by Trijicon, other than their night sights is top of the line quality. The RMR is a great optic for what it is. With a large MOA dot its going to be for short range, good for a HD AR or shotgun.