close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Trijicon front sight is loose.

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by bjhubb, May 25, 2011.

1. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    My g26 trijicon front sight has come off. I stuck it back on but it can be taken off easily. Should I glue it back on? With what?

2. infiniti0505

infiniti0505

Dec 2, 2008
    Get the glock front sight tool and the red loctite. It will never come off again :)
    YouTube has some good "how to" videos on this

3. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    The front sight doesn't have a nut or anything to hold it in place. Is it suppose to?

4. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Aug 23, 2009
    SE WA
  5. Q400

Q400

May 30, 2005
    Some do some were staked.

6. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    There isn't a screw and I can't find a hole where a screw would go into. It has a little oblong nub on the bottom of the sight that fits into the slide no holes for screws or any kind of threads.

7. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
  8. Are you sure these are Trijicon sights?

9. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

Aug 22, 2009
    I'd send the slide to Trijicon. They are good folks to deal with and they would make it work or replace it.

10. emore

emore

Dec 29, 2010
    upstate SC
    If it's actually a Trijicon, you should be able to make out the name, at least on the rear sight, maybe with a little magnification. It sounds like a Glock staked sight, however.
    Good luck with it, whatever it is.

11. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    Im wondering if it is suppose to have a screw and the head broke off. Does somebody have a picture with the screw removed? I will try to get a picture when I get home.

12. Genin

Genin Designated Left

Oct 25, 2010
    Bloomsburg PA
    bjhubb,
    You'd be able to tell. The bottom of the sight that you can see through the hole in the slide will have a threaded hole that you would then screw the front sight screw into.

13. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    After looking at Trijicon's website it looks like the screw broke off inside the sight. I guess I will give Trijicon a call. I am not the original owner and don't know the age of the sights, will this matter?

14. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Jun 25, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Yes, that's what it looks like to me too.

The date code is on the side of the sights unless it wore off. You should be able to take some pliers and remove the screw and just get another one, unless the previous owner glued it on, which i smost likely what happened.

15. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    Just tried to get the threads out with some needle nose pliers, but it is in there pretty good and I can't get a good hold on it.

16. 220-9er

220-9er

Sep 4, 2002
    North of Atl
    How old is the gun?
    The screw may have been broken off by over-torquing it. The size is very small and you have to be careful when tightening.
    I would call them first and tell them the problem. They may send you a new one at reduced price or be able to get the old one out. Their cost would probably be less to just send you a new one.

17. bjhubb

bjhubb

May 9, 2011
    The gun is about 10yrs old according to the s#, but the sights where added later. The previous owner provided the packaging that they came in.