close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trigger take up

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by eric1, Jul 1, 2012.

1. eric1

eric1

Jun 13, 2008
    How much trigger take up should my TRP have? I have a little, noticed on my friends 1911 he had virtually none. Didnt bother me, just wondering what I should expect. I really have no experience with 1911s.

2. Just enough to let the disco reset.

3. It's something like 1/16" is what you should have. I think it's to prevent you bumpin the trigger, making unitentional double taps. That's where I set mine at, you adjust it with your leaf spring in the grip. Too much and your trigger won't reset.

Some triggers have pre-travel adjustment tabs that you can bend in/out to hit your mag release, and that's the real way to eliminate take-up. Up there is just a quick check, I don't really recommend playing with your spring 'less you know what you're workin with.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. Your leaf spring doesn't play any role in your trigger's travel distance. So it's pointless to try and adjust any of those leaf springs. Secondly, the take-up tabs (on some triggers) doesn't hit the mag catch, it hits the end of the trigger track, in the frame. The over-travel screw is what hits on the mag catch, stopping the trigger from going back further.

5. Ah I see what you're sayin. Thanks for settin that straight. When I was building my doublestack, I was playing with the spring tensions. It's just what I noticed when I was playing with em.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012