close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trigger ?'s

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by GeorgiaRedfish, Jan 26, 2011.

1. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish
    Expand Collapse

1. Is there a downside with using a USGI Long trigger with a high quality ignition set, and do you think I would be happy with this setup? As opposed to an aluminum with a over-travel screw/stud such as a Harrison Design HD trigger.

2. Serrated vs smooth which do you prefer? I understand a serrated trigger can wear your skin off for long range sessions, but what would you prefer for a ccw/house gun.

3. I'm looking for a solid, black, and long trigger. I've heard some Aluminum triggers cracking, which is why I am considering getting a colt steel trigger, but are my aluminum worries founded?

4. I assume it his harder to fit a steel trigger, and I would have to get it recoated after fitting so I won't rust. Correct?

5. Thanks for the help in advance. This will not being going on my gold/platinum/pearl Taurus aka Perfection, but on my Springer GI.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Quack

Quack
    Expand Collapse
    Rent this space

1. make sure you have enough spring tension to prevent trigger bounce and there's not excessive overtravel

2. Up to you. Where is the serrated trigger rubbing you raw?

3. Non-issue

4. Don't know, guess it depends on the steel.

3. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish
    Expand Collapse

Thanks I would get a smith to install it since I am new to this and it would be my CCW. So I hope number 1 would be a non issue. 2. I never had a problem so that probably wasn't even worth asking. Thanks for the help. I don't see a purpose for a more expensive aluminum trigger, since I am carrying a fullsize 1911, the weight should be a non issue.

4. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know where to get one a long, black, steel, and serrated trigger? Colt doesn't list on their store.

5. Quack

Quack
    Expand Collapse
    Rent this space

Nope, think they are aluminum.

6. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish
    Expand Collapse

YA I searched all over and found nothing, looks like I'll call colt or go aluminum. Thanks Quack

7. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish
    Expand Collapse

Ha, I can't find my perfect trigger so it will either be the STI long trigger, or the Harrison Design one. i have to pic serrated or solid.

8. brisk21

brisk21
    Expand Collapse

Im about to have a short gi style trigger installed on my TRP. I just don't like the long triggers, never really have. I get a more equal and balanced pull on a short trigger. I know it will help me shoot better. I'll probably go with the STI skeletonized short trigger. I don't really have a preference on serrated vs. smooth. I like them both.