close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

trigger problems?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by frankthefireman, Feb 10, 2012.

1. frankthefireman

frankthefireman

New to the forum, history bought a g-19 Gen 4 on jan 5 took it to range and brass in the face. The pistol has the new o43 spring, so the store i bought it from ordered the new ejector. got the gun back yesterday. some times when i pull the slide back the trigger want set. haven't fired it yet just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen. I thought it could be new part was just tight and after shooting this would not happen. any ideas?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes, Frank, I have an idea. Take your pistol to the range and shoot it. You may wish to use some real ammo, like Winchester USA and not crappy Federal Champion.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

3. bentbiker

bentbiker

What exactly happens? Does the trigger not come forward when you release the slide? Do you not feel a click when you reach the reset point for the trigger? Does the trigger pull but not release the FP? The trigger doesn't move when you pull the slide to rear. The ejector won't affect the trigger.

Only the ejector was changed, right?

4. frankthefireman

frankthefireman

trigger does not come forward when i release the slide.

5. SCC

SCC Member Me

So when you dry fire it the trigger will stay to the rear of the gun in the fired position

6. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Perhaps a broken or improperly installed trigger spring. My guess is the spring got twisted around after the trigger housing was removed and reinstalled while changing the ejector.

Does the shop have a certified armorer who worked on your Glock?

Check proper alignment of the trigger spring, it should look like an "S".

7. frankthefireman

frankthefireman

yes when u dryfire the trigger will stay to the rear. yes i took the gun in to armorer where i bought the gun. i also thought that when they put it back together something was set in wrong . like i said it will not do it everytime. i think a trip back to the store is in order. thanks for the input, Frank

8. Made in Austria

Made in Austria

Deleted

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  9. tinman517

tinman517

In an attempt to make things crystal clear. When The trigger is in the forward position and after you squeeze the the trigger and the striker has been activated, the trigger remains at the fired/rear position, correct?

Now, when you pull the slide back and release it back into battery, does the trigger reset itself in the forward/ready position?

10. donsls6

donsls6

Man. I really want one of these Gen4 G19's but hearing way too many issues with them. Might pull the trigger and get one if my search for a Gen4 G32 comes up empty anyway. Seems like a flip of the coin as far as getting one with no issues vs one with issues.

11. frankthefireman

frankthefireman

the trigger will sometimes reset from the rear position, but it will not reset everytime. I can pull the slide back then dry fire i then pull the slide back and the trigger never moves from the back position. I think i will send the gun back to glock.

12. JBP55

JBP55

Take the gun back where you purchased it.
    They should be able to correct the issue.
    The connector may be bent out or not be all the way in the trigger housing causing this issue.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  13. tinman517

tinman517

Ditto . . . and good luck. It should be a simple matter for them to fix.

14. Krav Maglock

Krav Maglock

My Brother in law had this problem and it was because there was no oil on the connector. Try oil before you ship it back.

15. bentbiker

bentbiker

Frank, this issue is not worth a trip back to Smyrna; it can be easily fixed. The design is for the trigger spring to pull the trigger bar (including the cruciform) upward after the ramp on the side of the slide forces the connector inward during the cycling of the slide. Anything the prevents the lifting of the trigger bar will allow the lug on the firing pin to pass over the cruciform as the slide comes forward, instead of grabbing the cruciform and pulling it forward as designed. Things that can cause this are:

• Broken trigger spring -- easily determined and replaced.
    • Trigger spring installed incorrectly -- either positioned so that hooks on the ends are in position of a "Z" instead of an "S", or the spring's hook attaching to the cruciform is not positioned correctly, causing a kink. Either condition is readily rectified.
    • If the connector is out too far it can trap the trigger bar against the slide preventing the necessary lift. This condition can be caused by an incorrectly bent connector, which can be checked by this method: http://www.ghostinc.com/category/istallationinstructions/ (half way down the page). If the connector is not pressed fully into the trigger housing, it can cause a similar condition. Both conditions easily checked.
    • Lack of lubrication between connector and trigger bar. This is a stretch as a cause by itself, but could be a contributor. Nothing easier to fix . . . add drop of lube.

16. frankthefireman

frankthefireman

Just wanted you guys to know problem fixed. talked with dave on the forum and problem was the bent connector in the back of trigger housing. not real good on my anatomy of the glock still learning. again thanks Frank

17. JBP55

JBP55

That is what it sounded like in your post.