close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trigger Pin working it's way out?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by shineybore, Feb 28, 2010.

1. shineybore

shineybore
    Expand Collapse

Quick question...Put together a RRA stripped lower with a DD lower parts kit. Build went smooth. Pins seemed tight like they should. Functioned fine. Well after running 300 flawless rounds through it this weekend I noticed when cleaning it the trigger pin sticking out of the lower a little bit. I had to move the trigger a little to get the pin to line up to seat it correctly. All parts were new. I never had to do this on my factory built RRA.

I don't think that a oversized pin will fit in the hole provided for the stock trigger pin. I don't know if they even make an oversized pin. I would hate to have to keep check on this pin everytime I take her out to throw some lead.

Anyone else have this issue? Any soultions? Fixes?:dunno:

Thanks Shiney...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. scottMO

scottMO
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

springs installed correctly? Is the hammer spring on top of the trigger pin adding tension to that pin? If that's not the issue, try a different pin. I had a pin that was loose and tried a different pin from a different LPK and it fixed the problem.

A set of KNS pins will solve this as a last resort..

scottMO

#2 scottMO, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  3. Mongosafari

Mongosafari
    Expand Collapse
    El diablo verde

Brownells and several other places sell Anti-Walk pins sets.

4. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

Good info and very well stated.

5. shineybore

shineybore
    Expand Collapse

Is the trigger and hammer pin the same size?

6. internal

internal
    Expand Collapse

Somethings not installed right.

Take it apart and look over the tacked "build your own AR" thread on ar15.com to see where you made your mistake.

7. jetdefiant

jetdefiant
    Expand Collapse

I've had this happen to me. Double check your trigger installation. Make sure the end of the hammer spring is sitting ON TOP of the trigger pin. In the past I installed the hammer first and then the trigger second and without the hammer spring to hold the pin in place it would walk out.

8. Sigtac226

Sigtac226
    Expand Collapse

I concur with what has been said here. The trigger pin has a groove (s) in which the hammer spring sits on top of providing tension to keep it from walking out. I had a different issue with my AR. The hammer pin would walk out after I installed a RRA two stage trigger. It seems the new hammer did not have the small "spring" that retains the hammer pin so I bought a set of KNS anti walk pins and they worked great with loctite.

9. shineybore

shineybore
    Expand Collapse

Ok, the hammer spring is sitting on top of the trigger pin. I can push the trigger pin out the other side of the reciever a little bit with just the force of the finger(the pin seems a tad to small for the hole) . The hammer pin I cannot do like that. I'm thinking I have a out of spec trigger pin. I took out the trigger pin and flipped it to the oppsite side. Same problem no matter wich side I install it. I gonna try to get another trigger pin from some where. I hate ordering stuff like this thats so small that I pay more for shipping than the part itself.
    Thank's All!!!
    Shiney

10. internal

internal
    Expand Collapse

Swap the pin the with the pin the hammer and see if that works out.

The pins are interchangeable, they are the same.

11. scottMO

scottMO
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

send me your addy and I'll get 2 of them on the way to you as I have plenty of these.

scottMO

12. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

Now that is a darn nice thing to do!

13. shineybore

shineybore
    Expand Collapse

First I want to thank those that tried to help me. Hat's off to you guys. Next I just won the MORON OF THE MONTH award! :blondmoment:

After beating my head against the wall tonight with these pins. I got out the dial calipers and other various equipment to measure the little bast***s. Well both were the same size. So I moved on to the holes. Both the same size. By now I had to walk away. So, I took the whole trigger group assembly out. Started from scratch. Installed the trigger and disconnector. Then AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I had the hammer spring in wrong. I checked what you guys told me about the spring legs resting on top of the trigger pin. The were resting on to of the trigger pins. But, I don't know how to explain this but, the hammer spring was "backwards?" So, I correctly installed the spring and the tension of the spring clicked into the trigger pin. The pin is rock solid. No movement what so ever.

I can't believe the ar even function correctly with the pin in the way I had it! You should feel the tension in the hammer when you lock it back into the fireing position!!!!!

Again thanks fellas!! I hope to be a help to one of you when you need it.
    Shiney!!!!

14. shineybore

shineybore
    Expand Collapse

ScottMO, That is awesome of you to offer me those. It's a great feeling that guy's like you are out there still. I fixed the problem and would not feel right asking for the pins. Again thanks ScottMO!!!!! Shiney

Case Closed...........

15. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

Aaachhh, it happens to the best of us. Glad you got it sorted out.

16. jrrich

jrrich
    Expand Collapse

Don't feel bad. Same thing happened to me on my first build, few months ago.

Part of the learning curve.

Glad you got it squared away.