close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Trigger mod bad idea for SD?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Skadoosh, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Tap Rack Bang

Nov 4, 2010
    Indiana
    hey, I've been looking into getting a 3.5 trigger connector for my G19, as it will be my carry gun, it's still a range gun. But i've heard a lot of crap how I could get in trouble in court if I ever did use my weapon in self defense with a modded trigger?

Seems kinda dumb to me, regardless if i killed my attacker, I meant to do it, what does the trigger pull weight matter?

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm afraid it ain't crap, bro, and it's less about "dumb" sometimes than it's about "unscrupulous" on the part of the occasional politically-motivated prosecutor and the more than occasional greed-motivated plaintiff's lawyer. Since there's no such thing as a "justifiable accident," it's advantageous to them to attempt to paint your deliberate, justifiable shot in self-defense as an unjustifiable accident for which you are culpable.

A trigger that's lighter than what the factory recommends for self-defense or duty -- such as the 3.5 pound connector in a Glock, unless it's accompanied by an NY-1 module -- helps them to sell that theory to a jury.

There's a long thread on it here, http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1259716
    which covers about every aspect of the issue, from both sides of the argument, including my take on it.

Good luck,
    Mas