close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

trigger job on my ar-15

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Jim173, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Jim173

Jim173

Jan 27, 2011
    VA
    im looking for somewhere to get a reduced trigger pull for my ar probably around 4 lbs. any suggestions?

2. Novocaine

Novocaine

Jun 10, 2004
    IMHO AR triggers should be replaced, never worked on.

The best I have is Wilson drop-in unit, for less money JP is almost as good. Good luck.

3. duncan

duncan Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 15, 1999
    Seattle
    Yes, be very careful. You can accidentally convert a semi auto into a three round burst machine.:whistling:

4. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
  5. Jim173

Jim173

Jan 27, 2011
    VA
    im planning on using it to shoot long range targets.

6. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

Jan 10, 2010
    Southern NM
    I got the JP Enterprises reduced power spring kit. It was $10 and reduces any trigger pull by roughly 3-4lbs. I am very impressed with mine and kept the factory trigger springs just in case anything ever happens. Just a thought in case you don't want to drop several hundred on a new trigger.

7. mstennes

mstennes

Nov 25, 2010
    Geissele, all the way, maybe not the SSA, but research what they offer than decide which fits your intended use best.

8. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Replacing with a quality trigger assembly is the way to go. I have a Timney (3 lb.) in my Spike's Tactical Lower, and I love it. You couldn't go wrong with a Geissele also.

9. MarkCO

MarkCO Millennium Member CLM

Dec 21, 1998
    Colorado
    Geissele has made a major marketing push in the last year, and they are decent, but they have a different feel to them.

I have JPs in all of mine except one. I have a JP modular and a POF modular in the two that HAVE to go bang when the trigger is pulled. Only a modular or a DPMS cover will prevent the odd primer from locking up the trigger.

10. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Geissele SSA or DMR. For target work, the DMR.

JPs aren't bad, but i trust a Geissele to go bang every time with my life.

11. Alaskapopo

Alaskapopo NRA ENDOWMENT

Feb 6, 2000
    Alaska
    Get a Geisselle trigger. There are lots out there. Which one is best for you depends on what you prefer. Single stage or two stage.
    Pat

12. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    If you are just going to punch paper you have more options and your budget would help determine that. What are you looking to spend?