close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trigger guard teeth 2nd gen 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ARP, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ARP

ARP

What are they there for? I have been experimenting with the way I grip my 19 and have found that if I wrap my left index finger across the front of the trigger guard where the teeth are located, I seem to have a stronger grip hence better recoil control on the 19. Have never seen a video or in person of anyone doing this, wondering why not. It does not contact my trigger finger at all. Pros and cons please before I incorporate this style grip to muscle memory.

2. vis35

vis35

Don’t do it. Back in the early 80’s (when the Glock was designed) you weren’t cool if your pistol did not have a hooked trigger guard. But it has proven out to be a poorer grip than wrapping both hands around the pistol grip. I had an instructor let me try it both ways (about 20 years ago!) not using that hooked front guard was the better grip. Unfortunately that hooked trigger guard is virtually a Glock trademark; I do not expect it to go away any time soon!

3. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Hooking your finger over the front of the trigger guard was at one time a popular way to shoot. You'll still see a few guns, including Glocks and a few Sigs, with the hooked trigger guard. Some folks are more accurate shooting in that manner, for others it seems to force their shots to the left - if they're right handed. I learned to shoot that way and still do.....without pulling my shots.

4. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

It's for planting against a barrier or cover, not for wrapping your finger around.

5. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

I remember, back in the 70's, an article in Gun Digest recommending the hooked trigger guard for a grip with the off hand index finger hooked over the front of the trigger guard. Many of the 1911's customized during that era had their trigger guards modified that way.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine