close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trigger: Glock vs XD

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Teej, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Teej

Teej

I don't have any experience with Springfields yet but am acquiring an XD40. I have a G17 & G19. [i LOVE my G19... :) ]

Someone told me that there is a big difference between the Springfield XD/XDM triggers compared to the Glock triggers. I do not know this to be true. But if any of you have personal experience with both could explain the difference and or what you feel pulling the trigger of the XD's compared to the Glocks. thanks

2. Allsmk_nomirror

Allsmk_nomirror

I myself had experience shooting the XD .45, and I myself have a G20sf, after shooting both guns I really prefer the Glock trigger over the Springfield XD. I don't have any range time with the XDM yet, but I assume the trigger is the same with the XD. That's just my personal preference others may say the Springfield XD trigger is superior to the Glock, but me, I love the Glock crisp trigger pull. The XD trigger just has too much "play" before it breaks.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Any differences in trigger pulls can be overcame after a few mags downrange. If you can't adapt to a new trigger pull, then go back to the fundamentals of marksmanship.

4. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

The XD trigger is smoother, with a longer reset. The Glock trigger is crisper, with a shorter reset.

5. elde

elde Lifetime Member

The XDm trigger pull vs. standard Glock can best be described as lighter yet mushier in my opinion. Big fan of XDms but not so much their triggers.

6. Allsmk_nomirror

Allsmk_nomirror

XD's are awesome too, but if I had to pick from either of the two It'll be the Glock hands down. I just love how simple it is to field strip, I don't have to go through all that extra steps, sorry just got a lil off topic.

7. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

I like the glock trigger better. It's been awhile since I've owned an xd but it did seem a bit longer.

8. Teej

Teej

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to as far a breaking down goes. I found breaking down an XD easier than a Glock. With my Glocks I have to almost contort my hand to one hand grasp the grip and hold the slide back. May just be me, but I think the XD's in that respect are easier to break down.

As for the differences in triggers, it seems like the XD will be easy to adjust to with some practice and a lot of dry firing.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  9. Vanilla-gorilla

Vanilla-gorilla Registered Noob

I Concur! :supergrin:

10. Allsmk_nomirror

Allsmk_nomirror

Well to me honestly I can break down the glock a lot faster, with the XD there's two extra steps I have to do. First I have to lock the slide back, move the slide lever, allow the slide foward, then pull the trigger. I don't know but maybe I'm just doing it the hard way.

11. Teej

Teej

Well maybe it is just me. But I waste your extra step time on my Glocks trying to hold the slide back with one hand. Guess I need bigger hands... :whistling:

12. Allsmk_nomirror

Allsmk_nomirror

Maybe you do lol, I guess I have bigger hands because I rather have the G20

13. Jokerpro

Jokerpro

I have a XDm compact and I like the trigger on it over my G26 trigger.

14. gocubs6

gocubs6

I have an XDM 9 and a G19 & a G26. All three are reliable and have never malfunctioned. The XDM trigger is lighter and "mushy" and the reset is not as pronounced as the Glocks. I prefer the XDM trigger because of the lighter break and I am just more accurate because of that. I also like the design of the trigger itself as it is a lot more comfortable. Still like my Glocks though.

15. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

After shooting a XDM and XD in 40 and my Glock 22 I like the Glock better but it is close. :supergrin:

16. bunk22

bunk22

I would agree with this, I have an XD9sc, XD45c and G19. Overall, I prefer the G19 trigger.

17. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

The actual pull of the XD is naturally lighter, since the trigger isnt required to bring the striker to full tension, like the Block does. The reset on the Block is a bit snappier however. Most of these striker fired zipguns have horrid stock triggers anyway. There's only so much you can do to cheap metal stampings to improve the trigger. So, the XD has the better trigger, IMO.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  18. Reb 56

Reb 56

I was always a Glock fan but after the debacle of the Gen 4 my next Pistol will be a XDm .45 Compact. I prefer the XDm grip and trigger over the Glock.

19. Gdirty5

Gdirty5

I like the XD trigger, sure It has a lot more pre-travel than the glock, but I like that, and shoot better with it. I own a few examples of glocks and Xd's. They are both good pistols, and I agree with the other poster. It's easier for me to break down an XD. Racking the slide, and flipping a switch is easier than slightly pulling back the slide, then trying to push down those tiny little tabs. I also have smaller hands, so maybe that's why I don't like it...

20. bac1023

bac1023

I prefer the XD's trigger, actually.