close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tried new range in Miami today

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by GlocknSpiehl, Jan 13, 2013.

1. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member Silver Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Miami, FL
    Finally got to try out the new Stonehart Range in Miami today with my wife (http://www.stonehartsgunclub.com/). Very nice facility for pistol/rifle/shotgun. Very friendly staff and range was really nice. They plan on upgrading the interior and making a better lounge, but they had free coffee/espresso and a sitting area. :cool:

Rifle range goes to 23 yards and had a nice control unit. Air handler was great witht eh room very comfortable and the air was fresh, dispite it being full of shooters. We enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to go back.

2. GlocknSpiehl

Aug 15, 2002
    Miami, FL
    I forgot to mention, they allow you to rapid fire and will eventually be offering the ability to draw and fire after you take a safety course. I finally was able to practice the "Mozambique Drill" and enjoyed it.

3. PhantomF4E

PhantomF4E

Aug 24, 2010
    South Florida
    I have been meaning to get over there and give it a try . How are they on shooting lead , or reloads any issues ?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  4. GlocknSpiehl

Aug 15, 2002
    Miami, FL
    Only limitation is "no armor piercing bullets". For shotguns only 00 buck or slugs, no bird shot.

5. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    I live very very close to that place and have been there as well, they also have a military/Leo discount as well and rent firearms.
    It can be a little tricky to find as it is tucked into a warehouse area not visible from the street. The also plan on hosting gssf events.

6. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro

Jul 16, 2012
    Tag. I will be in Miami in a little while and would love to shoot down there, especially in a GSSF event.