close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Trayvon's Family Calls For Arrest Of Man: Vol II - Zimmerman Charged...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by RussP, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    I do not recall reading anything about the specific phrase automatic pass

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Edit: Automatic pass.

I searched this volume and volume I. I don't see any mention of an "automatic pass" until just now.

Am I missing something?

3. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    It really depends upon how the HOA is structured and the individual's ins. policy.

4. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

Thanks for letting me know now, instead of me doing it and getting an infraction. :supergrin::wavey:

5. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Do you read the threads here on GT about this case?
    And here is the link to Gutmacher's blog http://orlandocriminallawyer.blogsp...mlhttp://orlandocriminallawyer.blogspot.com/2

6. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    I've followed the volume I thread and this thread. That's all I have time for.

Nowhere in any of those quotes do I see the phrase "automatic pass". If those quotes are referring to an automatic pass hearing/situation/whatever, I had no idea.

I had never heard of [an automatic pass] before and wondered what it was.

Edit: If it's something that's been in the MSM recently I also wouldn't know that. I don't watch the MSM anymore, at all. The discussion about it/them in these threads indicates, to me, that I made a wise decision in avoiding them. I will sometimes click links that get posted but I don't sit and watch the news or go to their websites and browse.

I'd rather read a summation of the article from a few different people, usually on various forums, so I don't support the MSM website with a click and advertiser viewing money

7. bear62

bear62

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
    Mark O'Mara sounds like a fairly intelligent, aggressive lawyer (from what I've read). Just wondering if he is representing Zimmerman Pro Bono?

Anyone??

8. ATW525

ATW525

Sep 17, 2006
    Concord, NH
    I've seen it reported in several places that he is indeed representing him Pro Bono.

9. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    WOW.

You guys didn't take ANY easter break, did you?

10. rahrah12

rahrah12

Sep 15, 2008
    Seattle
  11. bear62

bear62

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
  12. whenmonkeysfly

whenmonkeysfly CLM

Jul 11, 2006
    Florida
    I guess you have never been a victim of a violent crime. I have and looking down the wrong end of a .38 Special for 4 hours until SWAT showed-up and shot the perpetrator is not a situation I will encounter again without my gun, if allowed. Perhaps if you were in my situation, you would have felt differently? (I carry a gun because I am allowed to, and a cop is way too heavy.). And, yes, I do not go most places that do not allow me to have my gun. Peace.

Now back to the thread....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I can't stand Al Sharpton, but was laying down and didn't see the remote nearby, and he was on.

Interesting discussion on his show (which surprised me)... 3 "experts" (2 of which would actually qualify) discussing this case. 1 stated there was a slight chance SYG would result in the case being tossed by the judge. Another, cited a case with some similarities that was in FL in the last 2 weeks, that was dismissed by a judge due to SYG.

A guy's house was broken into, he hears them rummaging around, he gets up, grabs a knife, and the thief runs out before he can confront him in the house. The guy leaves his house, and goes to search for the guy. He finally catches up to him, tells him to stop. The thief swings a bag of radios he had at the guy, the guy blocks it, and stabs the thief in the chest. Thief dies in the street.

The guy then DOES NOT call the police, but picks up the radios and pawns them off the next day. The police finally get on his trail 3 days later, he confesses, and is arrested. At the SYG hearing (which the guy on TV, basically said is like a mini trial in front of the judge), the judge tossed the murder charge.

Not exactly the same of course, but there are some distinct similarities to that case, and the Zimmerman case.

IGF

14. rahrah12

rahrah12

Sep 15, 2008
    Seattle

Do you have any names or links for the cases? Would like to read up on them...

15. kensteele

kensteele

Aug 3, 2003
    Leawood, KS
    repeated phone calls to 911 and the non-emergency number plus the rapport he had with the department can easily establish his "official" capacity. i simply don't think it is possible for zman to effectively claim he was acting purely in a private capacity from what i have heard so far and doesn't even take into account the information that we are not privy to. just listen to the way he provides descriptions, listen to way he handles the request to meet with officers, he begins the conversation with "we've had multiple break-ins" and he follows which the reasonable person would not do. individually these don't mean much but in totality they paint a pretty clear picture.

if needed, the state should able to convince a jury zman went from running an errand to neighborhood watch person, maybe not in a legal capacity, but he certainly conveyed that understanding and he certainly had that mindset. who knows what he told martin. if his defense is to claim he's just an average armed citizen going about his ordinary business who got attacked for no reason, he's going to lose imho.

16. kensteele

kensteele

Aug 3, 2003
    Leawood, KS
    good to hear she came thru it ok. some people get really torn up in car accidents, others walk away with no scratches, many in between. seems to me if you are fighting murder charges claiming self-defense, you want to fall in the former category. can you agree with me that we should let the medical experts testify in an open courtroom to establish the facts rather than a small police department and a couple of paramedics in the field contributing to the final call? car accident victims don't have to atone for their injuries, that's why my comments were not serious; on the surface, looking at Zman, i'm not personally inclined to believe he just came out of a fight for his life but I understand the fears. not just that pic, but the earlier video as well....but this is all just personal perception.

17. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    He mentioned the name on the the specific case he referred to(the burglary then stabbing).. but I didn't get the first name.. could have swore the last name he said was Garcia-something

I wish I had thought to get up and write the names of the guy down.

18. The post you quoted was about a hypothetical civil case against Zimmerman and the HOA. In that situation, Zimmerman would want to claim that he was acting as an agent of the HOA so they can share the liability.

Lets keep the discussion of civil and criminal issues separate.

19. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
  20. Those that want to defend Zimmerman are looking only at his statements and accepting them as the undisputed truth. They are then selectively looking at other evidence to bolster their chosen position.

It is interesting that the affidavit completely contradicts one "fact" that many here had used to bolster the case for Zimmerman: The shell casing was found on the ground and not still in the chamber due to a failure to cycle as many here had believed.

I am absolutely certain that by the time everything comes out in court, a lot of other things accepted as facts by people on both sides of the issue will be shown to be pure fabrication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.