close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Trayvon Martin was suspended from school for having a 'burglary tool'

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Mar 27, 2012.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    I see it took the foreign press to break this part of the story. Sounds like a real juvenille delinquent.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    He had a "a bag full of women's jewelry" in school. No wonder, Zimmerman thought he was up to no good.

_

4. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    It wasn't his. He was holding it for a friend. He was a good boy.

Did you see the repost of his Twitter tweets? Full-on gangsta-thug wannabe.

5. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    Zimmerman didn't have that info at the time did he?

6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    No, he called him in as a suspicious person who looked like he was on drugs walking in a neighborhood with a history of break-ins. What is clear is that the representation of Trayvon (tm) as an angel in the media is not accurate.

_

7. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    Profiled him?

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I don't think anybody is claiming that is contributes to Zimmerman's justification - the part where his head was being beaten against the sidewalk, while he yelled for help, before shooting Trayvon as he tried to take his gun, covers that.

The point of the background info on Trayvon is to dispute the initial, "he was a good little boy just out for a bag of skittles, when he was attacked" BS. In other words, it doesn't tell us what he did, but it tells us about his character, which supports Zimmerman's claim in the face of the claims by others that he was an innocent angel.

9. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    There was a blurb on the local news that a new witness says that Zimmerman was walking back to his car and was attacked by martin from behind and martin was slamming his head into the ground, just caught it yesterday

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    No, because Zimmerman is not a police officer working from a profile. If you are using the lefty slang, where profiling means "racism" then you are overlooking the fact that, as Zimmerman said, he recognized him as someone who did not live in the gated community where he was on neighborhood watch. That's what neighborhood watch does.

I think Zimmerman was probably an idiot who I wouldn't like in real life, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with people making up nonsense about this case.

11. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Sounds like Zimmerman should be getting a medal.

12. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    Just saying Zimmerman couldn't have used that in deciding , "Zimmerman thought he was up to no good"

13. Well now the bleeding heart liberals will have to change their tactics from he was an angel to misunderstood youth or he had turned his life around just a few hours before his death.

14. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    This going to end up just like the Duke lacrosse case.

:whistling:

15. GWSHARK

GWSHARK BITEYAHEADOFF

Feb 12, 2002
    QUARREL REEF
    weird how those that were skeptical of the media before are accepting this info as fact. :dunno:

16. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    Not at all weird. This is a pattern that the media constantly repeats. First they bull**** the fools with a load of liberal bilge, straight out of the Poverty Pimp Handbook; then the truth slowly trickles out.

http://www.themagicnegro.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/race-baiting-obama.jpg

17. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    As far as I know, we don't yet know what led to trayvon attacking Zimmerman.

We just know that trayvon broke his nose and was banging his head against the ground before he was shot. The details are there, but it's too early to make a stand defending either of them.

18. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Mar 8, 2010
    I never took a stand defending either one of them. Im only interested in this case as a self-defense case.

19. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    You tell me.

_