close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Travel to South Carolina

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by G19CCW, Jun 20, 2007.

1. G19CCW

G19CCW

Dec 6, 2005
    Haymarket, VA
    I posted this as well in the Carry Issue section, but figured I'd post here as well.

I'm getting ready to spend a week in Myrtle Beach, SC with the family for a hopefully relaxing vacation. I looked on the Packing.org website and I see where VA accepts a SC CCW, but not the other way around. I know that NC accepts a VA CCW, so my question is when making the drive down, what do I do with my firearm when I cross the SC border. According to Packing.org, this is what it states about carrying in a vehicle:

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance

My take on this would be as long as I take it off my person and put it in the center console of the car, I should be good to go.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this????

2. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

You are correct ... anyone that does not have a concealed weapons permit AND can legally own a pistol ... the weapon must be secured in a closed glove compartment or center console that latches shut, it does NOT have to lock and the pistol can be loaded, if you have do have to open the compartment I suggest that you tell the officer about the pistol BEFORE you do so.