close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Transforming an RIA

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by gunsmoke92, Jan 21, 2013.

1. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    Just wanted to show the transformation of my RIA GI FS. This has been an interesting project. I bought it used, and the previous owner had started, so I decided to pick up where he left off. As I got it, the hammer, barrel bushing, and grip safety had already been replaced.

[​IMG]

I started by replacing the FLGR with a Wilson GI set-up, and a Fusion trigger.

[​IMG]

The Fusion trigger worked well, but had more vertical play than I liked, so I installed a Wilson Combat flat trigger which fit more to my liking.

[​IMG]

The GI sights were a little to small for my old eyes, so a set of Fusion sights filled that bill.

[​IMG]

And finally, something "Tacticool", I replaced the smooth wood grips, which looked nice but were a little slick, with a set of Skingripz TacII grips.

[​IMG]

This has become a real shooter that looks good, but I'm not afraid to carry for fear of dinging it up. There are still some other changes I want to make, but for now this will do just fine. :supergrin:

2. I like it, nothing like having fun with your gun

3. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Cool deal. I had that same plan on reworking a RIA a few years back.

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Looks outstanding............hell of a difference!

5. Redstate

Redstate

May 17, 2011
    Very nice. You made an inexpensive 1911 look like an expensive 1911. Nice to hear that it is a "real shooter" as well. What else do you plan to do to it?

6. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    Hey, Redstate
    I plan on installing a Wilson Combat fitted beavertail and a checkered mainspring housing. From there, probably upgrade all the springs and add a set of VZ grips.