close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

transfer fees in Philly area- who's cheap and reliable?

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Glockers Club' started by tat2guy, Apr 2, 2007.

1. tat2guy

tat2guy NRA Life Member Silver Member

I've only ever had one gun shipped to an FFL, and it went to SPA&G. Their fee structure is weird- it's $15 for members UNLESS the gun is coming from out of state, then it's $40 (I believe it's $25 and $50 for non-members).

It seems to me that I could do better than $40 somewhere else. Any recomendations?

Thanks.

2. MOHAA Player

MOHAA Player Guest

If you are comfortable with SPAG as I am then it's worth the extra 10 or 15 bucks for that piece of mind that your dealing with someone you have done transfers with before.Jimmy(owner)is a nice guy to deal with,and his staff are very friendly.
    MOHAA

3. jthuang

jthuang On The Jazz

Jan 17, 2000
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Any of these look good?

I personally have not used any of the above but I'd be interested to see if anyone has. I don't know of any established gunshops that will receive guns (say from CDNN) for you because they would make more $ by just selling the gun to you directly. Normally I don't have an issue with that, but ordering direct can save you from the sales tax and sometimes that can be a boatload of money on a $1k+ gun.

ETA: I have heard good things about Dave Donley and John @ Seneca Arms. I'd like to give them a whirl but I don't have a car and Quakertown is a bit of a hike.