Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Training in NC - Peidmont area

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Cameronswmp9, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Cameronswmp9

Aug 3, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I am taking my CCW class Saturday, and after the class I want to get into a good training class in the area. I dont mind traveling some (even hotel stay if needed) but would want it to be worth it. I am looking for after the first of the year.

My question is does anyone know of a place in the area that trains and has a good reputation? Website? Classes available?

At this time, I am only interested in handgun training as it can apply to HD and SD/CCW. If they are good, I would not mind going back for more and more training.

2. JohnHoliday

Oct 19, 2008
    Seconded. Good place to buy Glocks as well.
  3. chuckman

Nov 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Just a one-day basics class? More defensive shooting? Tactical shooting? All of these involve CCW-type shooting. There is Blackwater, Tier 1 Group (, Viking Tactics, Tiger Swan. PDHSC in Raleigh has some decent basic-level classes, too, and likely less $$ than these other places.
  4. Skydivn Shooter

Skydivn Shooter Will Jump4 Ammo

Jan 9, 2005
    North Carolina
    Also, be sure to check out

Besides basic pistol and CCH, in 2009 we will offer personal protection inside and outside the home.
  5. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

Sep 11, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    PDHSC is the place in town. You can get some extremely good one on one classwork there.

The man that does the classes runs their matches there as well. I have seen the results in his students' proficiency first hand.

You'll not be disappointed.