close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Training for GSSF at Blackwater?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TrooperDan, Aug 12, 2002.

1. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

How many would be interested in a training course specifically designed for the GSSF course of fire at Blackwater training facility in Moyock NC? I'm just evaluating interest now and nothing has been decieded about the length of the course or when it might be scheduled.

If you don't know anything about Blackwater, the URL is: http://www.blackwaterlodge.com. They have a huge amount of land with great ranges and even accomodations if you are taking one of their longer courses.

As for costs, well think comparable to their established courses; their one day pistol course is $150. This is nothing more than an extimate as neither the length nor the cost has been evaluated at this time!

Dan in NC

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Who would teach it? I would hope someone who intimatly knows how GSSF works.

3. on target

on target

If it could be done on a weekend or anytimne this month count Russ and I in.

4. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

WHAT is there to teach for a GSSF? Oh, pasting, I forgot. I guess some extra work on the plate rack might help.
    Might help those that have a confidence problem when it comes to shooting in front of viewers/crowd.
    Personally, I don't see a requirement for it myself.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Our "Tips From The Pros" tells it all.

6. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

:)

You have to learn different techniques for tape or pasters and how to arrange them on your weak hand prior to going down range! :)

Seriously, I agree the course of fire is simple; call it intensive practice under the guidance of a top shooter then! Some of us don't have the advantage of being able to set up one of the stages and shoot it over and over. And there is nothing like having a knowledgeable trainer critiqueing your style.

Dan in NC

7. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

How about having one of those "Pros" standing right behind you, critiqueing your runs? Priceless! :)

Dan in NC

8. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Yea, I hate it when I drop then in the dirt and then they don't stick to well.

[/B][/QUOTE] Seriously, I agree the course of fire is simple; call it intensive practice under the guidance of a top shooter then! Some of us don't have the advantage of being able to set up one of the stages and shoot it over and over. And there is nothing like having a knowledgeable trainer critiqueing your style.

Dan in NC [/B][/QUOTE]

You've got a good point. I would think someone would have to be "Very interested" in GSSF before going to that stage though. As you know, it's a game, and, well, the prize for winning is a handgun, so, it might be worth it!

Good luck with this venture. Who knows, you may start a whole new class of shooters for the GSSF competitions.

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I can see how having someone sharp and well versed in GSSF watching and helping you could help you put the tips for pros into action in your shooting. Basically that would mean close to one on one training be involved though.

I agree the pasting can be intimidating. I need to work on that. :)glockNstein always beats me on pasting, it has to be his technique! ;f

10. Glockshot

Glockshot

TIPS FROM THE PROS, can't be beat if one uses them :)

11. curious

curious Millennium Member

I would consider it if the price is right.

curious

12. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Matt was right on target.

13. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

I agree, I want an instructor that isn't juat a great marksmanship instructor but is also expert on GSSF competition. Again, this is just a concept at this time but no one has said it is impossible yet!

Dan in NC