close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Training and Recommending A Firearm?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Gary Slider, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Gary Slider

Gary Slider

Nov 16, 2006
    West Virginia
    Mas, I like the way you always tell people what works for me might not work for you. As an NRA Instructor to my students I only recommend a quality firearm of their choice. Auto or Revolver and the biggest cal they can handle. I go over the pros and cons of each.

I have to say many of my students will never carry a firearm anywhere near 24/7. They want to put one in the glove box or maybe carry it once in a long while.

Would you agree with this statement that I tell my students? Why or Why Not?

If you are going to buy a firearm just to keep at hand at home and most likely never practice with it much I recommend an All Steel 4 inch barrel 357 revolver. Manual of arms is simple and you can load it with light 38 special up to full house 357 depending on what you can handle. I don't recommend any brand but only say a quality revolver.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Sounds like solid common sense to me, Gary.

And, BTW, thanks for all that you folks at handgunlaw.us do for all of us.

Appreciatively,
    Mas