close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

train wrecks anybody?

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by xd357, May 16, 2007.

1. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi
    i work for the rail road. any of ya'll been to a derailment\train wrecks?

2. pulaskipusher

pulaskipusher Topodaworldma!

May 1, 2007
    North Idaho
    No derailments but when those engines burn they put on a pretty good show! Huge flames! When we got to the train the LT. ordered to put the wet stuff on the red stuff, of course he was pretty embearassed at the train class 2 weeks later when the instructor said to never put water on the train because of the batteries... In the district to the south of mine (soon to be my district due to a move) train vs. people or train vs. motorvehicles are pretty common, they've have 5 or 6, off of the top of my head, in the last year.

3. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi
    yea its a diesel motor running a generator. lots of electricity

4. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    I'm a haz-mat guy, so I've been to a few. The saddest one had was hauling brand new GTO's.

Another wasn't a derailment, but rather 2 fuel tank ripped open. An area we cover had some hellacious rains, which knocked some boulders loose. The boulder that hit the tanks was the size of a vw bug.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't been to more of them!

5. bucky_925

bucky_925

Dec 29, 2000
    North Carolina
    I've worked for the railroad going on 26 years now, and have personally derailed two locomotives :upeyes: . Nothing like the links posted above, just little yard derailments. The worst of it is when I put a locomotive on the ground they make me get it up.

6. xd357

xd357

May 1, 2007
    mississippi
    yea i've rerailed myself none of mine so far [knock on wood]:banana: :banana: