close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Traffic Stop

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by beatcop, Oct 29, 2011.

1. beatcop

beatcop
    Expand Collapse

2. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

why yes, around here he would have been booked in for fleeing and eluding and had to post bond...

He is a pathetic excuse for a cop.

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Paratus

oh and this was not just closed in GNG it was vaporized as in they removed all traces of the thread....FYI when i went to check on it it was nuked....

4. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

I would have hooked him.

5. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

Normally I'd give a WTF award to FHP for pulling over a marked unit. But she lucked out and had a valid (IMO) beef as it turns out. Still got to wonder what she was thinking to assume there was a reason to do that.

I see some discipline in the Miami officers future. When departments are trying to juggle liability concerns on pursuits, when and whether to chase criminals at those speeds, its pretty crazy to do something like that to make an off duty gig on time. No way to justify that imo... Hope he's got a union down there, he's going to need some protection.

But what do I know, I'm not a cop. :dunno:

Randy

#5 steveksux, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  6. 4949shooter

4949shooter
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Personally I would like to see some more information. The news video clip didn't show very much.

How bad was the Miami officer's driving?

What are the trooper's notes / testimony?

Were there calls regarding the Miami officer's driving?

Why did she lock him up?

Was there alcohol involved?

What is the Miami officer's record?

7. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

8. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

We are on the edge of the Bermuda Triangle... not the first time something here has just completely disappeared without a trace...

9. ray9898

ray9898
    Expand Collapse

WTH??? Pathetic and lucky he didn't kill someone.

10. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01
    Expand Collapse
    Pretty Ladies!

I foresee a lot of FHP troopers getting citations when they're caught speeding in Dade County. I foresee lots of Miami officers getting tickets from FHP whenever they leave Dade County. This will continue until the brass of both agencies order everybody to knock it off.

11. Sharky7

Sharky7
    Expand Collapse
    Boomshakalaka

Need a little bit more info...

It's not unreasonable though to make a stop on the car or try to get a hold of the agency on the radio while you are behind the car, especially if the trooper thought something could really be wrong. What if an offender was able to get an officer's car and then flee the scene.

Pretty sure I would not have made an arrest though. Too little of the video though to judge. If he was just driving like a jag-off I would have had him call his boss to come to the scene and we can deal with it from there. But, with that being said - I can't recall a time I ever arrested someone just for reckless driving alone. It's usually a charge added to others such as DUI, hit and run, fleeing, etc. Most of the time I would just paper them with tickets and make sure I talk to the judge before court starts.

#11 Sharky7, Oct 29, 2011
  12. wrenrj1

wrenrj1
    Expand Collapse

Kinda like "Super Troopers?":rofl:

13. wct097

wct097
    Expand Collapse

Those that wouldn't cite/pull the car.... do you not find it unusual to see a marked patrol car running 120 without lights & siren?

14. Sharky7

Sharky7
    Expand Collapse
    Boomshakalaka

120 is pretty fast.

But, it's not unusual to have a police vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed without emergency lights or sirens activated. Sometimes even police vehicles out of jurisdiction. There's literally dozens of reasons and they are all legitimate, even though people like to assume whatever idea they are more biased towards in their head.

The video and article above is a pretty rare and extreme circumstance.

#14 Sharky7, Oct 29, 2011
  15. wct097

wct097
    Expand Collapse

I think the article mentioned 120mph. Sounds like the speeding cop was a d-bag, citing being late for a non-official function as an excuse. I'm surprised he was pulled myself. Every friend I have that is an officer basically says that the only time police get ticketed/pulled are times when they're involved in an accident that can't be ignored.

#15 wct097, Oct 29, 2011
  16. Mattz

Mattz
    Expand Collapse

I'm a little disturbed some feel it's reasonable to stop another marked police car.... maybe it's where I came from... or where I am at, but it's unheard of. Have an issue with a car driving excessively, contact the department... I dunno...

17. Sharky7

Sharky7
    Expand Collapse
    Boomshakalaka

You would be surprised. First couple weeks of the academy when I first started, an academy class mate of mine lost his job for being pulled over going 90 in a 55.

18. Sharky7

Sharky7
    Expand Collapse
    Boomshakalaka

If you watch the video you see her come up on the car with her gun drawn. I'm thinking she thought something was really wrong and it may not be the police driving.

19. Morris

Morris
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Explain to me how running 120 WITHOUT lights or siren is safe. It sure smells of reckless to me.

Detained, not arrested. Looking at it again, I probably would have done the same if the situation had presented itself to me. We've had theft of uniforms, equipment and whole cars so physically detaining someone to see if they are legitimate is correct. You can claim to be anyone but unless I hear from your agency and /or see a legitimate commission card, I won't take the word of the driver. Why? Because good cops don't drive like a-holes to off duty gigs like this. Usually. I suggest that this is not the first time this officer has done this, marked or unmarked.

#19 Morris, Oct 29, 2011
  20. Mattz

Mattz
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure you and I work in the same area... I've never heard of a marked police car being stopped, nor would I ever practice it. I have, however, heard of officers calling in on officers traveling through their city driving fast... I wouldn't do either one, especially considering none of us know the reason why the unit would be doing what it is. I just don't agree with the video at all... I have no problem with the officer getting jammed up with his department for speeding for no reason, but for another police officer to take it upon themselves to stop the car, draw down on them, then pull an officer in uniform out and place them in handcuffs... no way.