close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Traffic Stop leads to Multiple x-rays, probes, enemas, and a colonoscopy

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Altaris, Nov 6, 2013.

1. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Altaris, what's your purpose in posting that article here?

Your "abuse of power" statement implies a civil rights issue. Is that what you mean to discuss?

Thanks...

Everyone else, lets wait to hear back from Altaris before responding...

2. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Anytime a thread gets posted in GNG that deals with traffic stops(cops), someone usually gets yelled at about how we have a cop talk section.

Where the discussion goes is always an interesting surprise for me on GT, so I wasn't intending to lead this one way or another.
    If you don't feel that this belongs here then feel free to move it. I was just trying to post it in a spot that wouldn't get some random infraction...nothing more than that.

3. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    From The Blaze?

They selectively edit from more mainstream sources when it comes to police. I stopped trusting them when they lopped off a very critical paragraph in a copy and paste job from a mainstream article.

I think they have an agenda and they will do whatever it takes to make a point. LEOs should take the hint they are not welcome.

4. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Thank you for your response. I've asked Eric to decide whether this is appropriate for CT or belongs in Civil Liberties Issues.

You're correct. LE topics do not belong in The Okie Corral.

The first sentence in the Blaze piece gives you a hint as to where this belongs:
    Another civil rights issue was the validity of the search warrant. That, however could be a valid topic for Cop Talk. Instead of "I think this is just a slight abuse of power here.:shocked::shocked:" you had asked something like, "The police had a warrant from one county that was executed in another county. Is that done often?", then we'd not have an immediate issue. How the thread would progress is another thing.

If the thread stays here, and remains open, we'll see how it goes...

5. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Altaris if you have a question ask it. If you have no question then I have to assume you were trolling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

6. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    So at what point did the victim clench up and ask for his lawyer?

7. Popcorn! Popcorn here! Get yer fresh hot buttered poppycorn here!

8. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Sounds like he spilled his guts before the lawyer got there....

Seriously, I get suspicious when I read something so seemingly outrageous designed to get your blood boiling before you think to question the details, trying to get you to jump to a certain conclusion. What details are distorted, twisted, or omitted to ends up with (more often than not) faux outrage.

Having said that, it would seem to require an awful lot of fiddling with details to get to this point without someone somewhere genuinely making some massive screwups.

Something this explosive can't stay out of the media for long, are there other articles about this incident to go over? Too crazy to be true as is, too crazy to have been exaggerated enough to not have a kernel of truth in there somewhere?

I want to know more details, I'll be due for a colonoscopy soon and I don't want to have to pay for it..

Randy
    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  9. Ducowti

Ducowti

Jan 11, 2009
    NY
    I think there may have been a kernel of corn in there somewhere... :snicker:

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. Wishoot

Wishoot

Aug 13, 2010
    Milwaukee
  11. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    I have no reason to troll anyone, so I am not sure why you would think that. I was simply posting a story for others to see. I post news articles and interesting stories all the time on GT.

Here is the local NM new station going over the story as well.
    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3209305.shtml?cat=500#.UnrCM-LXulv

While I trust these guys less than anyone, looks like CNN just found it a few minutes ago as well...
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/06/justice/new-mexico-search-lawsuit/

12. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Beat me to the local link while I was doing typing here and working :supergrin:

I never go there for anything, but I didn't know the Blaze was hated so much. It just happened to be the link I grabbed, since it had links to other sources in it.

13. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
  14. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    Just because its free, doesn't mean it will be good. :tongueout:

15. [​IMG]

:rofl:

16. Sounds like one of Sheriff Paul Babeau's little escapades. :whistling:

17. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
    It sounds completely outlandish. I hope it's not true.

To the OP- first rule of not looking like a troll in CT is to avoid linking The Blaze. Take the time to find the original source that The Blaze butchered.