close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Traditional marriage.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, May 11, 2012.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
  2. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009

3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Easily confused is more like it.

If gay marriage threatened traditional marriage, its already too late. Some states and countries already have gay marriages.

Yet marriage for straight people still stands.

My advice to people afraid of gay marriage is to just get your wife to shave her back once in a while, and nobody will ever mistake your marriage for a gay one once the gay ones are legal. :rofl::rofl:

Marriage is between the people involved, has no effect on the general population.

Randy

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    How about polygamy, polyandry, incest, and beastiality? I mean that is between the group and not society (polygamy and polyandry), incest is just within the family unit, and beastality is just between a person and their particular animal.

What about the people who have a fetish for the inanimate, like the woman who married a wall she was attracted to. That was just between her and the wall.

So, if you advocate gay marriage, surely you can't deny everyone else, right?

5. I agree with you.

A marriage is between a man and a woman. If between others, it can be called a civil union.

I have gay friends and in my opinion they have no idea what a marriage is. Same sex civil unions match the same genders, same world views, same sex drives, same sex parts, same types of feelings, same biological changes, and all sorts of similar stuff. It is all homogeous. That is not a marriage.

A marriage is the bringing together of two different things, such as a man and a woman. Now that is something special.

Two fishing buddies getting together and deciding they want to have sex and live together does not impress me at all. :rofl:

6. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    The definition of marriage should include "the ability to procreate". End of discussion.

7. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Ridge, TN
    YEAH! because I am sick and tired of seeing senior citizens marry:rofl:

8. Polygamy is not only accepted in certain areas, but it's now profitable also. There are reality tv shows about the subject, the most famous being 'Sister Wives'. Frankly, I have now problems with it. If people choose to engage in that kind of behavior, how does it hurt anyone else? It's not like traditionally married couples don't cheat on their spouses.

Incest is illegal because there's a real and potential threat to the offspring.

Beastiality? How does one prove consent from an animal?

Sent from my phoneeeeeeeee

9. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Actually, polygamy is illegal in the United States and is actually a crime. There is a fifty fifty change on first cousins; but, illegal and a crime. I have seen Atheists here declare the vast intelligence and empathy of Apes; but, again illegal and a crime.

My point, once you open pandora's box declaring that no one has the right to judge relationships, then you don't have the right to judge anyone and their particular choices.

If there is a moral absolute, then we have common ground. If there is simply moral pluralism, you have no objection.

10. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Funny how people arguing for common ground always insist THEIR ground should be the common one.

If we suggest that we settle on common ground that INCLUDES gay marriage being allowed, suddenly they lose interest in all this agreement and harmony.

Freedom is a real bear once you realize you don't have the right to impose your religious sensibilities on other people and they start making choices that don't affect you, but you still don't like.

Randy

11. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    So, you endorse polygamy, polyandry, incest, and bestiality as acceptable.

12. AlexHassin

AlexHassin

Dec 15, 2010
    Taiwan
    and the infertil

13. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    It's posts like this that make me think there is no hope. My wife reminds me the only hope is when the generation of people who think like you die off, we might be able to have one that allows all people the same basic rights.

If you (as you did in your post) equate a consenting relationship between two gay adults as the same as incest where an adult molests and victimizes a child...... there probably is no hope for you. maybe we will get lucky with the next generation and they won't grow up instilled with so much blind hatred and bigotry that it warps their perception to this extreme.

14. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    So, you are so open minded, that you think I should die? Ironic.

Who said anything about victimizing a child? That is your inference. If you intermary your first cousin, that's incest.

So, because you hate me. Again, how fascinating for an "open minded person".

Where do you base your "morality" upon?

So, what I have learned from your post? All people who disagree with you should die.

You think only certain people that you like should have rights, but others should not.

You still haven't adressed any of the relevant points.

What makes something moral to you and immoral.

Obviously, you think I should be murdered, so you think killing people who disagree with you is acceptable.

You think homosexuality is acceptable.

You think molesting children is wrong, a point we can both agree upon. Though, I have a moral code to base my position on.

You apparently have simply emotion and whatever fleeting feeling you have at the moment-including calling for my death.

What a confusing world you live in. How do you cope?

15. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Did you click the link in the OP? Polygamy was never a problem in the bible. Why do you have such a problem with it? Neither was rape if you handed over the sheckels to her father. That was the whole point. Marriage has always been F-ed up in some sorta way for a long time. Now modern Christians come along crying about "One man, one woman!" and WHY? Who set that standard and how the heck is the bible the place they pulled it from?

As far as I can see the only consistency is that there has to be rules about who can get married and how. Those rules change from time to time and place to place but every time and place will jump up and down screaming that their way is the only way. They're just a bunch of control freaks that need everyone to follow their rules.

16. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    So, what you are saying is you are good with homosexual marriage, polgyamy, polyandry, incest, and bestiality? Or, are you selective too, and why?

17. Again, you are raising a good question that is being side stepped.

18. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I don't care what consenting adults want to do with each other that doesn't affect anyone else. Incest and bestiality fail because there are victims who are not able to give their consent.

Otherwise if polygamy is defined as having one wife too many, what's the difference between that and traditional marriage?

Its the height of PC bull**** to want to outlaw gay marriage because if offends YOUR particular tender sensibilities.

Randy

19. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    That's not the sidestepping going on.
    So the question is why Kingarthurhk isn't trying to MAKE rape and polygamy legal because that's ok in the Bible.

Instead of arguing the Biblical perspective, he's opposing it.

I sense the mark of the Beast in him!

Randy

20. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    I wasn't aware that you were so eager for my answer that an hour was too long to wait. I have a bit of a life you know, especially on the weekends.