Trading for a H&K45C tomorrow

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by John Watson, Dec 26, 2012.

1. A local man has a 45C with the LEM trigger for sale/trade. He was interested in a Glock 23 plus cash so we made a deal for my pistol that I haven't been carrying. This will be the first H&K pistol I have ever owned in my 60yrs. About time I guess. Can't wait to get my hands on it and take it to the range.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

He's about a tard to get rid of that HK for a Glock!

But, it's your gain! The HK45c is one fine pistol. The LEM makes it even nicer!

Congratulations!

:cool:

3. barth

barth six barrels

Congratulations!

I have thirteen handguns, five of which are H&K.
    My HK45C LEM is hands down my favorite of the bunch.

The gun is on a different level than anything else I've ever shot.

You just made the deal of a lifetime my friend.

Enjoy!!!

#3 barth, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  4. I read the instruction manual in reference to ammunition and it didn't say anything about cast bullet loads not being used. Same type barrel as the Glock and figured it would be a no no. Is it a bad idea to use cast bullets?

Quote:
    NOTE: Currently there are no known .45 ACP ammunition types that are not
    compatible with the HK45 pistols with the exception of some light, match
    grade wadcutter loads that provide insufficient recoil impulse to reliably
    operate the HK45. All HK45 pistols are approved for use with +P and +P+
    ammunition. The use of +P and +P+ ammunition does accelerate wear and
    reduce the service life on the component parts of any pistol including the HK45.

5. Two holsters, two mags, box of Gold dots
    [​IMG]

6. Should have read the ad more carefully. The pistol was actually a USP compact, not the H&K45C. Oh well, still like the pistol just a bit disappointed in myself for not seeing the USP in the heading.

7. deeHKman

deeHKman "It Is Written"

The USPc is a awesome gun...very close to the HK45c! Trading a glock for a HK is a huge upgrade! Congrat's!!

8. Thanks for the kind words guys. I was getting a bit of traders remorse after I noticed my error. I do like the feel of the USP and it is in great shape for a gun made in 04. It must not have been shot much looking at the barrel, but I plan on correcting that.

9. Greetings John Watson,

Forget about "trader's remorse" . . . you did very well--and I don't even know what the cost of the G23/cash transaction was!

Also . . . the USP 45c that you have looks like it may be an "AC" date code, i.e., 2002 manufacture? (hard to determine from the photo). Anyways . . . what I like about it is the full "HK" rollmark on the slide and the "HK USP" on the grip. The newer ones have a laser engraved "HK" on the slide and just "USP" on the grip. Note that these minor cosmetics will have no effect on the function, and would not keep me from purchasing an HK; just my personal preference.

It looks imaculate from the photo. Smile and enjoy it!

#10 654Boomer, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  10. Congrats on a great pistol.

11. you did great. also, now is a good time to demonstrate how to properly shoot using the lem trigger.

video i made explaining its use.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Hm-kduH9w&feature=player_embedded"]Quick BLACTICAL Training on the HK LEM Trigger - YouTube[/ame]

12. The USPc is one fine pistol, Congratulations!

13. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

No need for remorse. I have that very same model in LEM. It's a peach and one of my all time favorites! :wavey:

#14 HKLovingIT, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  14. Great pistol, hell of a trade.

Congrats!

1911club#410

15. Marshall Dillon

Marshall Dillon Make mine a 9mm

Great pistol. Enjoy it.

16. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

Actually....

I am a horrible shot with an LEM. At least on the USP 45c.

I never shot the USP, (maybe 100 rounds) so he got a great gun with very little use. In great condition, with two holsters with no use.

I got $275 + a nice g23 with Big Dot night sights and all factory gear. I then flipped that G23 for $600 cash, and took that money out and got another H&K P30.

(Which I shoot much better than the 45c USP)

So, logically, the trade made sense to me :supergrin:

PS: Hello John :cool:

17. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

All's well that ends well...:wavey:

18. HI Brandan, ordered some flat mag base plates to try out. I think I will like them better.
    Wish this weather would warm up a little bit. It has been to chilly for me to get out and shoot my new acquisition. Sounds like you got something nice as well, good shooting. Now I am trying to decide on a high cap 9mm and the problems with newer Glocks worries me.

19. Noles26

Noles26 Made in Texas

Used this deal for a H&K P30 V3 9mm

HIGHLY recommend !