close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

touring seats

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by wolfy692005, Feb 7, 2008.

1. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

Nov 13, 2005
    back in FL, near Orlando
    Has anyone upgreaded thier stock touring seat? I hear there a couple guys doing them with aircraft form fitting foam or something.. just wondering if anyone had any done and how you like them.. 15K last year with more expected this year and the stock 11 y/o seat are not cutting it.
    :crying:

2. I sent my seats to these folks.

http://www.meancitycycles.com

I got the seats back in short time and they seem to have been modified with great care. I have only sat on the seats in the barn and made cool engine sounds so far as ice covered roads do not tempt me anymore. But they do seem to be more comfortable than the original seats.

The cost was a lot less than new seats and I don't have a old set of seats to dispose of.

As soon as I get more than .001 miles on them I can give you a better review.

Tim

3. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

Dec 3, 2004
    East Tn.
    I love my corbin seat.

All I got to add.:embarassed:

4. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

Nov 13, 2005
    back in FL, near Orlando
    i got thier web site from a friend and they sound great... i will be looking into them big time

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    I don't know if Sargent makes seat for cruisers or not, but their seats are awesome. The Sargent seat on my 2005 Aprilia Tuono is light years better than the Corbin seat on my 2007 Aprilia Tuono. The Corbin is barely more comfortable than the stock seat and the holes don't line up with the frame not to mention the seat pan looks like it was made by a Chinese sweatshop worker.

6. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

Dec 3, 2004
    East Tn.
    When I had my sv650 I had a sargent seat, heck, they even put a convertible top on a car my mom had. They do nice work, but, I had a seam come apart on my sv's seat.

No problem, I cruised over to their shop and asked them about fixing it. They pretty much called me a liar and claimed I tore the seat. I tired to explain that the stitching failed. They pretty much gave me the finger and told me to pound sand.

I will never buy another one of their products.

I had a local upholstery shop fix the seat, they said it was a defect as well.

7. I will email you as well to ensure you get this:cool:

From a LDRider (the guys who ride 11K in 11 days!) email

8. Goldstar225

Goldstar225 NRA member

May 24, 2005
    Central Arkansas
    For a cruiser, I can't speak highly enough for the Mustang seat. While it's a bit pricey ($460.00 for the two piece), IMO it's worth every penny. My wife and I do 300-400 mile days frequently. With the stock seat we were in agony but with the Mustang it's no problem.

9. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    My Valk came with a Corbin seat and it's been great.

10. beemerphile

beemerphile CLM

Dec 6, 2001
    Danielsville, GA
    Russell DayLong leather. Accept no substitutes.

11. I heard that!!!!!!! But I don't have one yet :crying:

12. Halojumper

Halojumper

Mar 18, 2005
    Aurora, CO
    Dang, that's a lotta miles dude!

13. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

Dec 3, 2004
    East Tn.
    So how exactly does the bead seat help?

My buddy swears by them and wants me to try one.

14. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

Nov 13, 2005
    back in FL, near Orlando
    you are probably right, however i can not afford the 700+ bucks they want for one. It is like 250 ea for driver and pass. Plus we are heavy add 125 ea for that, shipping both ways.. we are over 700 bucks..
    :crying:

15. beemerphile

beemerphile CLM

Dec 6, 2001
    Danielsville, GA
    Then the low bucks approach would depend of the defects in the original seat. I have never had a good Corbin, but I have had Sargent seats that were a big improvement over stock. Sometimes you can reshape it with foam and recover it yourself. Alaskan Leather sheepskin pads work wonders and 2 million Iranian cab drivers cannot be wrong about wooden beads.

Good luck solving the puzzle within the constraints. That's where new solutions come from. Something about necessity being a mother.

16. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

Nov 13, 2005
    back in FL, near Orlando
    just bought a mustang regal seat new.. we will try that and see how it goes.

17. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

Nov 13, 2005
    back in FL, near Orlando
    latest update is because of high cost of some seats we have elected to buy a new mustang regal seat.. should be here middle of next week..
    will see how that works

18. First it allows air flow under yer butt to prevent Monkey Butt.

Second, the best way I can describe it is: its almost like a little massage.

I have a regular stock seat. During the above mentioned ride I remembered reading about one LD rider who would alternate between his stock seat bare, and with the beads so his butt doesn't get tired of one or the other. I tried this and made it about 10 minutes before I put the beads back down. This was after a Saddle Sore 1000 (1K in less than 24 hours) and about halfway through another 500 miles the next day. The beads stayed on the rest of the ride!!!

another thing the beads do for me is ever so slightly add about 1/2" in height to the seat. Again, its a regular stock seat, and I should technically have a "tallboy" seat. It is amazing what a little adjusting can do to a ride!

19. [​IMG]

With Pride!!!!!!! :thumbsup: