close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Total $ for custom AR

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by China boy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    Exactly. Look at DPMS, they've been assembling ARs for a long time and still screw it up.

2. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    There’s so much sarcasm here, it’s hard to know what to take seriously.
    Rallying cry, Toilet, Lego’s.........Really?
    It doesn’t take an engineering degree to properly assemble an upper. But it does take some knowledge. Not just in the assembly itself but in being able to diagnose any problems that may occur, then or later. If it’s short stroking, what parts do you look at?
    I’ve seen a few home built uppers that were well done but I’ve also seen a bunch that were not accurate and reliable. Ask any big name instructor what brand they least like to see come to class and they will all say franken guns (home builds).
    My advice to newbies is if you want to build something yourself, do the lower. As long as all the springs and pins are in the right holes, it’s pretty straight forward. For the first one, buy a complete upper from a quality manufacturer.

3. These are things I build for kicks that I consider mildly challenging to get "right"...

AR's... Not so much...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Sep 3, 2011
    Kansas
    Very true. For a noob like me, building out the lower then buying a complete upper was perfect. I now have a great rifle to shoot and as a reference platform for future builds.

The lower is incredibly easy to put together- I was quite surprised on my first build. My second build I will build the upper as well.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire