close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tornado hunters

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by OfficerChris, Oct 16, 2012.

1. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Looks like we didnt have a topic about them, search turned out negative.

Is it only me or do you guys also think that these are a just a bunch of idiots.
    They try to act like scientists but look like wanabees.

I really hope they get hit in the face by flying cows.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNcC5sNHUaE"]A flying cow? - YouTube[/ame]

...or a fuel truck..

2. Resqu2

Resqu2

I did like the movie but the cows were lame. A real twister is nothing to fool with, I drove a fire truck through an EF3 and almost didn't live to tell about it. I used to say I wanted to see a twister but never again. I had no idea of the raw power they have.

3. harlenm

harlenm Millennium Member

If it wasn't for tornado hunters, we wouldn't know half of what we know about them. Some are just losers in a pickup filming it, but others are true scientists that get close enough to get data that we can actually use to learn about what makes them work.

4. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

looks like none of the scientists are filmed in these tv shows

5. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

6. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

I don't know, is meteorology a legitimate science? They're good enough at that to read their info and put themselves right there at the tornado spawn points most of the time. I think they're real scientists. Are they crazy? I don't know, a lot of crazy people do a lot of crazy things. As long as it's not psycho murderer crazy, what does it hurt? Maybe they are a little crazy, doesn't mean we should wish death on them.

7. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

They might be a bunch of idiots, but I think they can provide real data to people that need it. Many people have no idea what a tornado looks like and they think every dark cloud is a tornado. People that chase them tend to know what a real one looks like and can confirm a tornado and it's direction (and know who wo tell), which I think can be a real public service.

8. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Most are dangerous bunch of idiots. I am in the (new) tornado alley (it seems) We have one a yr stones throw from my house. (ok one hit the house) and a easy way (if you don't want to watch clouds) is watch for crazy drivers looking for camera angle.
    I chased a tornado on foot. Kept telling myself. "I can see the curve so I am NOT inside it" Folks want to do that for fun????

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Got some up here, they're legit. There's also the retards in pickups driving around like morons trying to get crappy videos for YouTube, but no one gives a crap about them.